• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Straight Flying Fairway Driver?

No one cares how far he throws, he'll lie about it anyway... we all do. :)

I'll throw in a few suggestions; Lattitude Diamond, Discraft Glide.

I've never heard more comments about any one of my discs, as I have about my mid-weight L-mold Champion Eagle being as straight as you can possibly point a finger.

The Elite-X Xl is what you are looking for. Glides a mile for newer players and goes straight. It does exactly what you expect on any release angle. How you throw it is how it will fly. Until it gets beat up. Then repeat with a new one... When you can't get a new one to fly straight buy a Z-Xl.

Beware!

Every time you make a thread about which disc to throw, people are only going to tell you what they throw for the slot, not necessarily what you should throw. These might all be good options, but the OP has to consider what is easily available to him. For this throw I use either a TL or a beat up TotemBird, but a Leopard will be a good choice since they're pretty easy to find.

Beware!

Every time you make a thread about which disc to throw, people are only going to tell you what they throw for the slot, not necessarily what you should throw. These might all be good options, but the OP has to consider what is easily available to him. For this throw I use either a TL or a beat up TotemBird, but a Leopard will be a good choice since they're pretty easy to find.

The power of the internets makes everything easy to find.

for a straight fairway driver I would like to add a plug for the Lat64 River. For me this has been a wonderful disc and doesn't need to be thrown with power to keep it straight. I've had a Dx and a Pro leopard and the River has replaced them. Got too tired of the Leo's squirrelly flight. And if I need a little more distance, I use an Escape.

Leopard is my straightest disc but a stalker does pretty well too. Touch of fade at the end but not like many other higher speed discs.

Leopard, F5, And for younger/elder slow arm speed, DIAMONDby Lat64. I just threw mine and its really sweet and lightweight and can make a great shape.

Alright, well I guess I'll pick up a Leopard.

Thanks for the help!

That's my choice for straight. Gets better when you break it in. Once you develop enough arm speed you maybe able to throw a mid range for the same shot, I'm not sure as everyone's distance is different. I throw a buzzz all the time where I used to throw my leopard.

Ok man....here it goes...get a light weight star leopard, or a light weight opto river...or you could go light weight rival or light weight F5.