• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Straight Line Discs - January 14th - Turner Park

62 is ballin. gj

I heard that hole 18 is a par 6 now that it has been lengthened, according to the course designer. Does that raise the course par above 58 now?

Haha yeah that hole was rough for all of us...I think I took a 4. The wind was ripping..

The course par is 58 with 18 in the long (par 5) position, it goes to 59, when 16 is in the super long island close to 17's tee box .... But that is a temp position used for tournaments only; 16 is rarely there unless Jim Dart is running the tourney.

The SSA is about 54.9 last time I checked with Jim, and the course record in those positions was 51 last time I checked.

Hope that helps. About the only holes where placing the baskets in the short positions really speed up play are 13 & 18. Other than that, the positions really just make the holes different, but not all that much easier or faster to play because of the mandos & OB's.

At least that's my thoughts having played a lot of minis there.
Plus it'll be very cold first thing Saturday morning .

Already have 60+ so we will have a great turnout once again.

This will be my second tournament I do have a question do I need a mini disc for a marker or can u flip the disc you throw

You can also use the disc as your marker but only if you do not flip it. That means you can't reuse the disc for the next throw though. But you still need a mini to mark your lie in case of OB or disc above or below the playing surface, etc.

We have more ladies coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know one will sign up the day of! But two are signed up that I don't know! It is going to be fun and I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Signing up for GBO today...it lands on my birthday weekend!!! This will be my first tournament to sign up for out of state!!

My brother will be registering later today, does Rec still play for trophies only? Also, how is a 905 rated player playing in Rec?

We have more ladies coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know one will sign up the day of! But two are signed up that I don't know! It is going to be fun and I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kim is my cousin and has been playing on and off for about a year. She can get some distance if she has room to flex out her shot but has been working on her straight shots.

My brother will be registering later today, does Rec still play for trophies only? Also, how is a 905 rated player playing in Rec?

Yes. Trophy only for REC. Looks like that person is a bagger and idk if you can do anything about that.

Kim is my cousin and has been playing on and off for about a year. She can get some distance if she has room to flex out her shot but has been working on her straight shots.

I just started working on my backhand. I am known as "ThumberGirl". Played softball for six year so the thumber throw comes natural.

Latest posts