• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Straight shot through woods

For the shorter ones a Buzzz or Buzzz SS. For longer ones a Stalker or Avenger SS.

What disc do you grab for a 250-300' straight shot in pretty tight woods?

River or Leopard. Most any mid or putter.

With a lazer straight hole, I release my River in a slight hyzer, flips up, flies straight.

Or my Element, more of a flat release.

So... the message I'm getting is "Whatever goes straight consistently."

Amazing, considering half the discs named off I would never use for such a shot. I suppose it's all in how you throw it.

I would go with a Buzzz or let up a little on a cyclone for accuracy. I love the cyclone. Im suprised i dont see more people wanting to throw that for this shot

Dead horse - I'd throw my buzzzz - so straight, not even Obama's comments can make it turn.

Bad I know. :)

I think it really depends on what your max distance is. I max out around 300, so straight shots I am usually going with a TL on the longer end and a core on the shorter side. My husband maxes out around 400, so he is throwing a Roc or a Rhyno instead.

Closer to 250ft I'll use my beat DX Roc. 275+ and its gonna have to be the SL on varying degrees of hyzer.

Either a Comet or Buzzz, depending on the ceiling/finish.

Edit: Those are for 300 ft. In the 250 ft. range I'd throw my beat Banger GT.

Last edited:
So... the message I'm getting is "Whatever goes straight consistently."

Amazing, considering half the discs named off I would never use for such a shot. I suppose it's all in how you throw it.

star roadrunner, pro leopard, avenger ss, fuse, buzzz... just gotta learn to hyzer flip. 60% of my shots are straight shots through the woods around here.

Latest posts