• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] Straightest Flying Mid...

Proxy putter :)

Seriously.

He's_right_you_know.jpg

Atlas is pretty darn straight.

Star Mako is oddly straight, yet doesn't like to turn over.

I love my z buzz and my 2 compasses. Sure my compasses is quite a bit more os then my 4 yr old z buzz which holds every line I put it on without to strong of a fade.

For straight-straight, my go to has been the Axis for a while. The Matrix could threaten, though, but it takes more stank on it to finish with little/no fade.

Another vote for the Axiom Proxy. I know it's not a mid, but putters are the best choice for powered down straight shots, and the Proxy is magical!

And FWIW, the Proxy is sneaky long for me. Well worth a shot.

If you are dead set on a midrange, then the previous suggestions of the Comet are great, but I'll add the Lat64 Fuse to the list.

Proxy putter :)
Seriously.

Seriously agree. :thmbup:

Here are some other ideas, though:

If you're not throwing full power, then a Star or Champion Mako3 will be a very straight mid. Thrown with power, especially after it seasons in, it'll be slightly understable. Ditto that for the Star VCobra, which is "sneaky long".

For more power, a Doss Ti Buzzz, McBeth Champion Roc3, and/or Sockibomb Opto Compass will do very well for you. And all three molds work well in other plastics, also.

The MVP Tangent is a straight flying disc when not thrown too hard. The MVP Axis, thrown with more power, is exceptionally straight. The only reason the Axis is not in my core bag is because I'm not comfortable powering down with it.

Not with a Comet. 150-300' tunnels, no problem.

Sounds like the answer for you was 150', then. You can rip your putter 150', and a mid range apparently doubles that. You probably drive for 600', too.

OP results will invariably vary.

I know a lot of people are saying Comet, but even with clean form, I've found it to be way too touchy, especially in the wind. I vote for the Axiom Alias. It's a beat in Buzzz that goes DEAD straight without a lot of power, but can also handle a lot of power. Super underrated disc in my opinion.

Comets are a good choice. I like the M4 on a hyzer flip even more though.

Another vote for the Proxy. When powered up it's pretty dang straight. When powered down it's pretty dang straight.

Many discs have a certain sweet spot of power/distance for a straight flight but the Proxy covers a significant range of distances with a straight flight. LOVE my Proxy.

Proxy is fadeless, period. Even on short approach(100-150') it's fadeless! I've spent hours at a field, in addition to courses, throwing short approach shots with the Proxy...along with many other putters. I've never seen a putter as straight as the Proxy, other than maybe a Magic in no wind.

in my bag right now would be the truth.

threw the over mold innova mid came out with a few years ago. cant remember the name but it was amazing straight. problem was it would get caught on the edge of my hand and I would shank it.

Any seasoned stable mid is hard to beat. a putter is even straighter if you know how to drive with one.

Star Mako3 is my go to for straight mid.

Nobody is mentioning this, but a Meteor?

My Glo Z Meteor is nice and straight, and a good "tight tunnel" disc. It needs some hyzerflip at full power.

Latest posts