• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] Straightest Flying Mid...

After throwing one last night I will also add:

The Gateway Element.

Comet will work for sure.

However, considering you throw the Compass and a Tursas, I would recommend you try an Opto Fuse. Really straight, kinda like a longer putter, as long as you don't overpower it. (NOTE. The clean form asterisk applies here as well)

Comet will work for sure.

However, considering you throw the Compass and a Tursas, I would recommend you try an Opto Fuse. Really straight, kinda like a longer putter, as long as you don't overpower it. (NOTE. The clean form asterisk applies here as well)

My only contradictory thought about the Fuse is the length. OP asking about a powered down straight flyer, which it most definitely is, but if by powered down he's asking for a short to moderate distance thrower the glide and distance the Fuse gives may be a bit much.

I would use opto pure, or maybe my seasoned meteor, for shorter distance.
Longer distance would be opto pure, or less seasoned newer meteor.

My seasoned meteor is super straight when hyzer flipped and has distance like a fairway driver but I been using my non dominant hand. No clue how it would react with my dominant hand with more power, probably just more D.

what are the Tursas and Compass doing that don't fit the bill for you? if they are both fading too much then I agree with those who have suggested something slower. Fuse (recycled GL) and Ion both in my bag, nothing against the meteor or comet, just haven't had long trials with them and don't love the feel in the hand. the Trilogy Challenge mids are all also in this range: claymore, evidence and sling all worth a try if you can borrow or find used? or find a Trilogy Challenge near you and get some fun plastic on the cheap. ;)

btw, with a touch more power the Warship can be pretty nuts straight too. I've only thrown in VIP, but probably breaks in to straight faster in Tournament or if available in recycled.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Mako3, Claymore, Buzzz SS (these are 5,5,0,1)

You could go more understable if you want to put in less power, work more on form, or want more glide.

Comet, Fuse (these are 5,5,-2,1)

Meteor, Tursas, Kite (these are 5,5,-3/4,1)

I think Mako3 or Buzzz SS is probably what you want though.

M4 in 400 plastic. (5,5,-1,1). This disc is easy to throw straight as well as do all kinds of other stuff that's fun. I use mine often for tunnel shots and it really shines for me on dead straight hyzer flip forehands when I need to get out of trouble. I would put it in the same catagory as the Buzzz SS/Mako3/Claymore that World Eater mentioned. I happen to really like the 400g plastic it feels so damn good. I never actually thought I would throw a Prodigy disc, much less bag one, but for me it is the clear winner of the straight mid slot. Your mileage may vary of course but that's my 2 cents.

Lucid Truth (not the EMac). It's a hyzer-flip machine. When I'm in the woods, it's about all I throw. Super versatile and accurate.

I agree with those who have said to try a beat Roc or Comet. I disagree with the Mako3 suggestions. They aren't laser straight at full power, unless you don't throw very far. McBeast uses a brand new Champion Mako3 as his turnover mid. He even hyzer flips them & they still go right. I'm not saying I have Pauls power but I have a few Mako3s & they fly like that for me as well.
This is the problem I'm having now, as I've improved my form & distance, my Mako3's aren't cutting it. They're often too flippy even on a hyzer flip, I'm guessing because of the 0 fade. Pretty disappointing because it was one of my favorite discs for a while.

As things stand right now I'm probably going to lean on more understable discs that I'll hyzer flip, rather than discs that are meant to be thrown flat. Star stingray works okay for that role right now but I'm still tinkering. The Atlas has been fun to throw too.

VIP Warship.

It's like a longer Opto Pure.
Straight, straight, then right when you think it should fade...it lands straight.

It's become my preferred tunnel disc.

got gifted a ch coyote a couple weeks ago and been bagging it for several casual rounds and field work. (Mostly taking meteor driving and sole approach duties) Finessed, I have been some murderess line drive low turn straight fades.

This is the problem I'm having now, as I've improved my form & distance, my Mako3's aren't cutting it. They're often too flippy even on a hyzer flip, I'm guessing because of the 0 fade. Pretty disappointing because it was one of my favorite discs for a while.

This.

But for me, the Mako3 is still a good disc, as I can throw standstill shots with it and get a fairly straight flight with a soft landing. So I still bag the (Champ) Mako3 on courses where it's neutral-to-understable properties are useful.

Comet is pretty straight, warship is pretty straight. Both are great discs. I throw DX rocs, after trying a bunch of different mids. It's the straightest for me, because it's most comfortable. I can throw it consistently straight, whether it's the most naturally straight or not.

That said, a comet is worth trying, it's a fun disc.

For me, it's the axiom theory. Give it a bit of hyzer and a bit of height and it just glides out dead straight for ~275". Absolutely 0 fade. proxy and theory are the two straightest discs I've ever thrown. Theory just needs a bit more hyzer or it will pan right a ways.

Latest posts