• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Strangest Thing You Have Seen On The Disc Golf Course II

Today I had three deer cross my path (At Hazel Landing- Carmel, IN).

This past summer two high school students were trying to make love on the back nine of Murdock Park...in the rain/mud. Romantic!

I feel seeing deer on a course is never strange. No matter how close or how many there are.

I feel seeing deer on a course is never strange. No matter how close or how many there are.
Agreed
Cool? for sure... but I wouldn't classify the occurrence of a deer in a park or the woods as strange. That's kinda like saying it's strange to see a fish in lake or a duck on a pond. :\

I was playing a course in NorCAL, just the day before we had seen a black bear on the course, which was sweet. But this next day we are walking along and hear a car door slam above us. On the hillside all I can see is flashes of black coming down the hill in a hurry, you could hear it coming. Immediately I'm thinking the car has scared this bear, and though not dangerous, a 200 lb animal is tearing towards me and doesn't realize we are there. And he is already right on top of us. Thought for sure this is what's going on. I jump out and start waving my hands and yelling "WHOA BEAR! WHOA BEAR!" Don't know why it just is what you do when there's a bear. I'm yelling, my girlfriend is got a death grip on my arm and then!... A fracking black lab comes bursting out of the trees right in front of us. That stupid dog almost killed me!! Scared the hell out of us, I thought we were going to get ran down my a giant squirrel.

Not as intense but also playing at the curtain in Humboldt I was walking towards some brush that my disc was presumably in, when a homeless kid jumped out of the bushes with a sheepish look on his face pulling his pants up. I didn't really smell anything, so I don't now what he was doing :confused:

My group of friends plays our local course super early in the morning (basically sunup in the summer) and we always see falcons, hawks, etc. No biggie.

Lately we've been spotting a massive bald eagle. Multiple sightings at this point. Its extremely rare to see an eagle in the city but this guy just seems to like hanging around the course, cruising up and down the river and sometimes sitting up in this huge, dead, tree.

I think its our spirit animal.

In a glow rd this past summer at hiestand park in Madison wi I stumbled onto a sleeping bag filled with a sleeping human . He woke up apologized and walked away. He was a young cat who said he was just waiting a few days til his room opened up. He seemed like a smart kid so im not to worried for him

In a glow rd this past summer at hiestand park in Madison wi I stumbled onto a sleeping bag filled with a sleeping human . He woke up apologized and walked away. He was a young cat who said he was just waiting a few days til his room opened up. He seemed like a smart kid so im not to worried for him

Patrick Kane?

Got asked on the same day if I had smokes weed or heroin by some random kids living in the apartments nearby. On a different day at the same park I was playing doubles and a large illiterate black woman came up to my partner and I and tried to read from some holy book. Not sure what book it was because as I said she was pretty damn illiterate.

So I end up playing with a couple dudes at my local park. We get to one hole and we all go up and drive. One of the guys throws his disc into the bushes so we all go and help him find it. It took us a good 15 minutes to track the sucker down and by that time we got back and me and one of the other guy's discs had gone missing. We looked around for them and they turned up about 60 feet from where they had landed.

I think the children at a nearby picnic event are to blame....

I'm sure others have see this at Idlewild Park in Charlotte (The Scrapyard). On hole #10 there have been dead crawfish all over the tee pads. One time on the long tee and once on the short. Huge pain because of the flies and my dog wants to have a snack.

Finally received a 3rd hand explanation when I played with a guy a few weeks ago. His buddy ran into a couple lingering around the hole. The couple was evasive on what they were doing, but he found out that they were filming some sort of foot fetish video walking in dead crawfish (or maybe they were alive at the beginning of the video). :gross:

Maybe someone else has seen these or knows more about the story.

I'm sure others have see this at Idlewild Park in Charlotte (The Scrapyard). On hole #10 there have been dead crawfish all over the tee pads. One time on the long tee and once on the short. Huge pain because of the flies and my dog wants to have a snack.

Finally received a 3rd hand explanation when I played with a guy a few weeks ago. His buddy ran into a couple lingering around the hole. The couple was evasive on what they were doing, but he found out that they were filming some sort of foot fetish video walking in dead crawfish (or maybe they were alive at the beginning of the video). :gross:

Now that's a weird ass fetish.

I love those videos even more now that I know they were filmed at a disc golf course.

Definitely the WEIRDEST thing I've ever heard of at a disc golf course.

Strange/Scary

I was playing a round at a local course here in MI when this happened. I overdrove one of the holes and when I went back in the bushes to look for it I heard a low growling sound no more than 25 feet away from me. I got my disc and got outta there. I was playing alone.

Two days later I went back to play by myself again and I heard the growling on a different hole. I looked to where the growling was coming from and saw a dark shape about hip height move out of sight. I was terrified at this point. I collected the discs I threw and left the one that was closest to the area where I saw the movement. The growling stopped but I was still getting out of there. The forest lines the left side of the fairway on this hole so I turned back around and started back up the hill towards the tee pad. I heard the growl again. This time from the top of the hill just to the right inside the forest. I stopped, turned left away from the forest and did a big loop around back to the parking lot.

This animal didn't growl at people in groups, just individuals. I haven't gone back for a solo round since I saw pictures of a Mountain Lion on a guys trail cam just on the other side of the disc golf course. The DNR came out and said there was nothing. One other person went out solo and heard the growling.

I have no idea if it's still there or not, but I'm not playing any solo rounds there anytime soon.

I was playing a round at a local course here in MI when this happened. I overdrove one of the holes and when I went back in the bushes to look for it I heard a low growling sound no more than 25 feet away from me. I got my disc and got outta there. I was playing alone.

Two days later I went back to play by myself again and I heard the growling on a different hole. I looked to where the growling was coming from and saw a dark shape about hip height move out of sight. I was terrified at this point. I collected the discs I threw and left the one that was closest to the area where I saw the movement. The growling stopped but I was still getting out of there. The forest lines the left side of the fairway on this hole so I turned back around and started back up the hill towards the tee pad. I heard the growl again. This time from the top of the hill just to the right inside the forest. I stopped, turned left away from the forest and did a big loop around back to the parking lot.

This animal didn't growl at people in groups, just individuals. I haven't gone back for a solo round since I saw pictures of a Mountain Lion on a guys trail cam just on the other side of the disc golf course. The DNR came out and said there was nothing. One other person went out solo and heard the growling.

I have no idea if it's still there or not, but I'm not playing any solo rounds there anytime soon.

What Course?

WE have a course on GVSU(Grand Valley State for you non Michigan people) and there was a condom welded to the basket

Latest posts