• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Streamline Discs by MVP

Alright I'll try that tomorrow if it doesn't rain like it did today. I haven't gotten a replacement yet but it was offered. I told him that would be great yesterday and haven't gotten a response yet... probably just tied up tho. I'll give it till the end of the week before I message them again. Would laying it down flight plate down fix the rim warping as well?

You never know. Can try both ways cant hurt. People have warped the hell out of discs in back of hot vehicles etc so hopefully works opposite for you.

My FR neutron has a slight dome almost flat, kind of like the plasma dome vs a reg production MVP. The two protons I have are almost the same but slightly more domey. They have a stack of sparkles at The Nati, all of them are jiffy popped.

So I bought a trace maybe a month ago. At first was unsure of it. Doing field work I began to notice it getting out there with faster discs. I threw it in my bag last week and proceeded to park an almost impossible hole(birdied once before at my home course). So now its got my attention! At ultimate I was throwing some discs and threw one of the farthest throws I have ever thrown with it. Then throwing back I really tried to mash it and griplocked it straight into the river! No more trace.

Anyway what a disc. I love the flight, slight turnover followed by a ton of glide and a slight fade. It feels great in the hand and looks amazing. I had one in Neutron. I generally prefer those type of plastics more. I am heading this weekend to a course with a shop and plan to pick up two more. I think this disc will become my go to driver. Anyone know if they will release this in Plasma at some point?

Seller sent me a replacement and got it sometime this past week (I wasn't here, it was in the mail Friday). Pop top dome and much lower PLH than my other one. Won't be able to throw it for a while but it seems there is some variation in the traces from what I've experienced. Are the flatter ones more OS? If so I'd be interested in picking up a flat heavy overstable one if anyone wants to part ways with it

Seller sent me a replacement and got it sometime this past week (I wasn't here, it was in the mail Friday). Pop top dome and much lower PLH than my other one. Won't be able to throw it for a while but it seems there is some variation in the traces from what I've experienced. Are the flatter ones more OS? If so I'd be interested in picking up a flat heavy overstable one if anyone wants to part ways with it

I got a low plh pop top. Quite US, but fun to throw.

Really starting to dig this bar stamp Trace I have. Didn't really throw it a bunch early on but its been coming out of the bag more and more recently. I have a couple protons I picked up at a tourney a couple months ago. I need to field test them and see if they're anything close to what the bar stamp is.

What Trace would fly most like a 168g Star Wraith with a slight dome?

I got my hands on a Trace directly out of the box of an MVP shipment the other day, and it felt and looked great. Crystal clear plastic, fancy stamp, and a delightful lack of mold release/flashing.

Also any word on when more stuff will be released? I'm not ready to drink the GYRO Kool-Aid (although my new Envy indicates otherwise) but the way these discs mold up is very convincing, not to mention the price.

What Trace would fly most like a 168g Star Wraith with a slight dome?

I got my hands on a Trace directly out of the box of an MVP shipment the other day, and it felt and looked great. Crystal clear plastic, fancy stamp, and a delightful lack of mold release/flashing.

Also any word on when more stuff will be released? I'm not ready to drink the GYRO Kool-Aid (although my new Envy indicates otherwise) but the way these discs mold up is very convincing, not to mention the price.

172-175 Nuetron Trace with the Ace stamp flies like a moderately worn star Wraith, imo. I have two of the ace stamped Nuetrons at 172 and 174. They are one of my favorite BH drivers! I also have a 167 pyramid stamped Neuton and the plastic is different and they don't feel quite as nice. It's also less HSS and flies more like a slightly longer Escape but still good when I want a little more wiggle in the flight.

I only have 1 trace and its the Ace Neutron and 174g it was fairly stable at first but now flies like 11/5/-1/2 - i see it getting more turn but its still fairly stable and does nice S shots. Very similar to Star Wraiths that I used to use. I think the Trace is a great overall driver, good for many types of shots, but not sure how other plastics and weights hold up, i guess there are some that are more flippy or OS, depends, . Would like to see more Streamline discs out,

I tried the Pilot, its decent, but the Electron medium plastic gets beat pretty easily

I'm not gonna touch the Pilot until it comes out in the Nuetron blend that they used for the ace of spades Trace. When that happens, count me in. I absolutey love that plastic it feels so damn nice.

I'm not gonna touch the Pilot until it comes out in the Nuetron blend that they used for the ace of spades Trace. When that happens, count me in. I absolutey love that plastic it feels so damn nice.

Funny. The only reason I throw the Pilot is b/c of the Electron plastic. If I wanted to throw premium putters, I'd stick with Envy/Proxy combo! :p

Pilot is like a glidey, baseline Proxy. Pure awesomeness! :clap:

My guess is that they are staying busy molding other discs, but why hasn't there been a release in a premium plastic for the Pilot?

I need it! 😆

I love the Trace. Super flat top. The plastic is stiffer and slicker than Star but that seems to give it more glide without sacrificing it's wind fighting attributes. I usually bag Wraiths as my max distance drivers, but the Trace has a spot right next to them and always flies farther.

If anyone has any they'd like to get rid of let me know.

Latest posts