• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Streamline Discs by MVP

I am going out on a limb here and saying that it looks like the injector had a feed problem or the mold was too cold. QC should have caught that disc. Very unlike the MVP QC to miss that.

Is there anyone I can contact to get a replacement, or at least one that is kinda normal?

Not sure on injection molds but if that had been done on a roto-mold machine I would swear someone got happy with the release agent. That would cause all of the above issues, but I don't know if injection even uses release agent.

I contacted the seller and let them know what I received (in a calm manner, don't worry). I'll be sure to inform y'all when things get sorted out :thmbup:

It also kind of looks like what can happen to a disc that gets jammed in the mailbox all day? Especially when it's hot.

Aside from the swirls, which some people like to call "natural beauties."

I got it about 2 minutes after the mailman stuck it in there (I drove up as he was driving away lol). It has been raining today so it hasn't really been that hot, and if it had been warping I don't think it would have screwed with the dome regardless :confused:

Last edited:
^Yeah probably not. At my old house, the guy came in the morning, and always jammed them in the mailbox. So I wouldn't get them out until I got home that evening.

In those cases, the warping would generally self correct after a few hours.

The warping easily could have happened in transit. And unfortunatly the stamps have been off on them and the pilot pretty bad in some cases. My worry about the trace is that I've bought 5. Brand new I saw 4 different stabilities. Which is nice when you switch to them, I have a full cycle. My worry is when I need to add another what will I get?

Edit: though, that's not likely to stop me from throwing them.

The Trace!

I picked one of these up on Monday and it's fast becoming my favorite driver for control shots (my home course being cut into the woods, it's a staple!) And for $15 US, you really can't beat it! I look forward to checking out the rest of them (and seeing how see this takes a dye job, it's so look clear!)

Attachments

• 1495653851336-363197183.jpg
    1495653851336-363197183.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 40
I picked a sparkly one up at MST for $11.99. Agreed though, great price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I was given a Trace to field test by a local dealer. Nice looking disc, for sure.

But the rim is so damn plussy it's nearly unthrowable for me....are all the Streamline discs like that?

And yes, I do still throw an XT Atlas.

So I was given a Trace to field test by a local dealer. Nice looking disc, for sure.

But the rim is so damn plussy it's nearly unthrowable for me....are all the Streamline discs like that?

And yes, I do still throw an XT Atlas.

The trace is the only driver they have released so far.

What kinda dome is on y'all's traces? I've tried to reshape mine with all sorts of tricks and almost got it right except two shallow little bulges on the flight plate, and the flight plate is almost flat. Very little raise. Seller has offered to replace but has not gotten back to me with specifics.

Mine wasnt really domey at all but not as flat as defy/photons i have.

You put it out in the sun for a few mins flight plate down flat?

3 of mine have slight dome, what you expect from most high speed drivers, one is a little flatter, and one has a huge pop top.

Mine wasnt really domey at all but not as flat as defy/photons i have.

You put it out in the sun for a few mins flight plate down flat?

It rained today so no chance to do that. Used boiling water and a variety of positions and weights and such to straighten out the flight plate a little bit. Wing/rim is more straight but isn't quite there yet. Was planning on putting it face up in the to fix the rim first, then flipping it over on a disc (rhyno was in mind) to let the dome shape up. Would it fix the little bulges to set it down flat on the concrete? I really got three problems I'm trying to fix...
1. Rim is warmed a bit, as in the disc doesn't sit flat (when facing right side up)
2. Dome is collapsed
3. Dome has a couple strange bulges that seem like they could be flattened out with the right technique
If y'all can't tell yet I really don't know what I'm doing and just want a normal Trace... Any and every word of advice is much appreciated :thmbup:

Last edited:
Id just lay it flat with stamp down in the sun for a little bit if you have a chance.

Could just be a POS. It happens. I wouldnt have shipped it out and let MVP know b4 or sold at discount. Good to hear seller offered replacement.

Latest posts