• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Streamline Discs by MVP

Yeah kind of discouraging to see such variation in the mold but I got a chance to throw my neutron trace for about 20 minutes and was impressed. Doesn't really do anything special but it does everything well.

Pretty neutral overall, maybe finishes 20' left of center after a slow pan right(rhbh) with about 350' of power on a flat release. I also got some nice sweeping hyzers and bombing anhyzers. It fits right in between the Tesla and inertia for me. Think proton tesla hss and neutron inertia lss. In the end idk if it'll make my bag because I have a lot of discs that do what this disc can do but if I'm running a small bag this disc can do so much, it's hard to ignore its usefulness.

Talking about QC I looked through a stack of maybe 15-20 Traces and around 12 Pilots the other day at the local PIAS and I was disappointed. All but maybe 2 of the Traces had serious imperfections. Scrapes, uneven dome, lots of flashing and bad flashing trim jobs. The Pilots were a little better but had some stamp dropout. It wouldn't be a huge deal but coming from a company that's supposedly the best at consistency I wasn't impressed. Picked up 2 Pilots but stayed away from the Trace.
If you can find yourself a low PLH proton, it's a he'll of a disc. I think I got a weird one because everyone else seems to say the proton is way more stable, but mine is way more US, but absolutely bombs. I need to find a local shop with them in stock so I can get more low plh protons.

I would write them. I don't think the Richardson boys want stuff like that getting out.

(Steve Dodge was always very responsive to photos of bad trimming.)

LOL, I wrote them the day you suggested to and just got an email back that since its a custom stamp they can't replace it and that if quality is a concern I could reach out to Infinite Discs to replace it.

I wasn't actually asking for it to be replaced, and already have thrown it, but that seems like a very weird position to take for an obviously bad manufacturer error.
Notified Infinite so they can keep an eye on what they are getting, but I'm going to try to stick to in store purchases on Streamlines for awhile.

Otherwise, the neutron Traces are going farther than any other disc I have. Can't really report on the blunt nosed proton yet, cause the only day I threw it was in very strong winds.

That's surprising to me. With that much shaved off it isn't pdga legal, whether it came from the factory like that or not. I dont think you'd get called out for it, but that's not the point.

picture.php

The white ones are so nice. It's kind of crazy that a stamp that cool is stock.

LOL, I wrote them the day you suggested to and just got an email back that since its a custom stamp they can't replace it and that if quality is a concern I could reach out to Infinite Discs to replace it.

Classy.

with an "I,"and a little dick hanging off the "C" that bends around and ****s the "L" out of the"A"-"S"-"S."

So basically if a retailer doesn't send them back from the get-go, you get stuck with a **** disc. And we all know a retailer would do that out of the goodness of their hearts?

The white ones are so nice. It's kind of crazy that a stamp that cool is stock.

I really dig the old aviation theme. If Miyazaki made a stamp it would look like this.

*looks down disapprovingly at the cartoonish muscular bee on disc

Anytime ive had a QC issue (after inspecting my LE stock when it arrives) i contact MVP and they issue refund/replacements (if possible or offer another similar model etc). I then have to deal with customers if that is the case.

Hell MVP sent me 10 free discs on top of refund for the bad stamps. I feel like this "issue" is not as big of one as some want to make it seem. Dealers definitely need to make sure they are relaying any QC problems so they can be improved on.

Not good regardless but in my experience it always worked out to make a customer happy when dealing with MVP. I think any of the major brands are the same way. None are perfect by any means.

FWIW the stamps on these 2 white Pilots are almost pristine. Looks like the inside of the "P" in "Plastic" filled in, but that's a pretty small letter, otherwise they're spot on.

I love the exact stiffness of these flight plates, seems like the non-GYRO contributes to that. This electron is just perfect, IMO.

FWIW the stamps on these 2 white Pilots are almost pristine. Looks like the inside of the "P" in "Plastic" filled in, but that's a pretty small letter, otherwise they're spot on.

I love the exact stiffness of these flight plates, seems like the non-GYRO contributes to that. This electron is just perfect, IMO.

I was originally disappointed they didn't come out in firm, but I'm likeing the medium so much that idk if I need the firm now. My biggest complaint right now is people havnt restocked yet so I can maybe get some in grey.

Went to pick up a Resistor that Hazy Shade had set aside for me today, and it turned out the manager had it in his office. While we were walking up to the register he showed me where they now have Streamline discs in stock. They're actually selling them at $12.95 except for the FR ones. From what I'd read on here, I didn't expect anybody would be offering them at MSRP, so I haven't paid attention. I'lll have to start looking at these now.

Got to play with the Pilot today. It really does have all that glide--was easy distance throwing that when compared to my Atom, in particular, and even to my Spin. Seems to have more fade out of the box than the Atom, and I kept it off any trees today, so I can't say that it's seasoned, as yet. Where I think of an approach with the Atom as drilling it into the green, I'm beginning to think of the same approach with the Pilot as floating one in. It's interesting, so far.

I putted the Pilot for a few rounds today. I think it's just going to be too low profile/fast for me to end up with it as my putter, which is kind of a shame.

If you like them less deep dishy, this is a sweet putter.

I'm not looking to putt with it, though I did a few times just to try it out. I use putters for approach shots. I've got the Spin for US duties when I need a solid turnover or slice. The Atom has been for everything else, with the only weakness being that there's a largish gap between it and my mid. I got the Pilot to see about plugging that gap.

I like the lower profile of the Atom and Pilot. I still putt with an Omega SS, though if I could find a truly flexible low-profile putter that flies much the same, I'd likely switch up.

How would you say the Pilot and Atom stack up? Are they fairly similar?

How would you say the Pilot and Atom stack up? Are they fairly similar?

I have very few field tosses with the pilot, but from what I saw the pilot and the electron atom are pretty close on drives. Putting they are close as well, but I like the micro bead for consistency in grip. A micro beaded atom would be am apt discription.

RE. putting, I agree with ^ this for the most part. The Pilot and Atom are similar in terms of putting speed.

Both putt as slightly OS putters, too. The "fade" may be a bit different, like on circle's edge or longer putts, I'd say the Atom's fade is maybe a bit later and harder, the Pilot's is maybe sooner and softer, like more of a slight "bleed out" type fade? Maybe what that means is that the Pilot has a bit more putting glide?

I don't know, maybe I'm splitting hairs there, that's just my impression. I worked a lot with the Atom for putting when it came out, I have much less time with the Pilot, so grain of salt and all.