• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Streamline Discs by MVP

One thing I like about Streamline is that the mold the names into the rim, just like MVP. There will never be the guessing game like most other brands if the stamp happens to wear off.

And they sell blanks too, prefect for dying. :thmbup:

Yeah, I just saw a STACK of blanks in all plastics at Marshall Street's site. I'm loving both discs and I'm thinking those Neutron Traces might make for some sick dye jobs. Now, if they'll only release the Pilot in Neutron/Proton, I'll be set! :D

I havnt seen blanks, yet. I need blanks. BLANKS!!

Edit: I see marshall has some, but no white. I have an idea for a white one. But they are out there, so more will be soon.

Last edited:
I threw my trace a few times today. 167g neutron, and I don't know what it's like. It's definitely less stable than the CD3s that I've thrown (170 and 175 champ). On a flat throw the trace flexed out to the right and then basically held that line to the ground coming back just a little at the end but still finishing about 45 degrees (maybe a little less) to the right of where I released.. I didn't get to throw it with any hyzer because I was in a hurry today. Maybe a worn in inertia? I am not sure. I'm not a wraith thrower so I can't compare to that but I'd say the turn is -2 and the fade is a maaaaybe a 1. I'll definitely be testing it some more.

Got a proton in the mail and it looks like the trimming job dug into the edge pretty heavy. About 20% of the rim of this Trace is blunt as a result...

I would write them. I don't think the Richardson boys want stuff like that getting out.

(Steve Dodge was always very responsive to photos of bad trimming.)

Alright, I dropped them a line. Its not the end of the world or anything, but I see your point.
They are usually top of the game in terms of QC.

http://imgur.com/a/DgTuY
You can see the grooves made by whatever they cut the flashing with.

Yeah have had a few MVPs like that but to say that pic is 1/4 of the edge being scraped off welp..hopefully not a collector 4 you if that truly is the case! Sucks when i get a bad MVP disc(s) in a order and i always let them know but still have love.

You got a bad apple for sure but from what Ive seen of these discs with no flash it is a win at this price. 20% of the rim tho?! Not good.

Last edited:
Yeah have had a few MVPs like that but to say that pic is 1/4 of the edge being scraped off welp..hopefully not a collector 4 you if that truly is the case! Sucks when i get a bad MVP disc(s) in a order and i always let them know but still have love.

You got a bad apple for sure but from what Ive seen of these discs with no flash it is a win at this price. 20% of the rim tho?!

It's actually a third of the disc at least that the trim is too deep. I'm saying that 20% of the disc basically has the nose cut off completely.

I get the emphasis on a good trim, but I'm also noticing that the neutrons I have also have more cut off than necessary too.

I mean, it's a fine line to walk, for sure. I was always gonna throw this one regardless (it is a dragon stamp), but I kind of want the nose of the wing still there when it's new, lol.

I'm not hating, but it does seem that there is room for improvement/ tweaking here. Still plenty of love to go round.

I'm positive they'll send you a new one. Steve Hollaway seems to be there social media rep, at least on reddit. If you contact him he'll probably have you a new one in the mail tomorrow.

Profile pics 169g proton vs 173 neutron
Honestly i like the flashing on the edge to remain.

Attachments

• 1491562403381-1188561917.jpg
    1491562403381-1188561917.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 96
So pulled the trigger on a neutron trace. Orange with gold/silver/black stamp. Pumped to throw it but noticed a good amount of dropout in the stamp. Never really bothered me but not something I see a lot from MVP.

Another thing I saw when I was looking was a sparkle proton that was pop top domey. Like domey for any company let alone MVP. If I like the neutron enough I might have to go back and get that one just out of curiosity

I picked up a proton trace and it's way more OS than I was expecting. Maybe it just needs a couple of tree hits or I was having an off day but it was wayyy more OS than the DDxs I threw.

I believe it's a second run? Anyone else get a really stable proton?

Talking about QC I looked through a stack of maybe 15-20 Traces and around 12 Pilots the other day at the local PIAS and I was disappointed. All but maybe 2 of the Traces had serious imperfections. Scrapes, uneven dome, lots of flashing and bad flashing trim jobs. The Pilots were a little better but had some stamp dropout. It wouldn't be a huge deal but coming from a company that's supposedly the best at consistency I wasn't impressed. Picked up 2 Pilots but stayed away from the Trace.

i received a sparkle proton trace that has pop top dome. parked it and my buddys neutron with mild dome on hole 14 buffumville just nice S flights. the proton feels a lot like lucid plastic to me. anyway they bomb for me and pair really well with my VIP giants

Latest posts