• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Sugaree

Rich, I wanted to thank you for keeping the course open as long as you did to allow me a chance to throw a round there. I hope you were able to pull your truck from where we left it with minimal effort. The mountain must've known what was going on and brought the wind in protest. It was pretty surreal having it be such an obstacle, even through the trees.

I know I feel lucky to have been able to play it, and I am incredibly jealous of those who had access to it on a regular basis. If I had known that you were pulling the baskets completely, I would've offered to buy one from you. I guess I'll just have to plan a trip to Birds now to revisit them.

If you ever make your way north to the Cincy area, beers are on me!

I also would have liked to use the baskets on my local WNC course.. this brings tears to my eyes reading that those patened Sugaree hanger's are going to be shipped across the country :thmbdown:

Bummer, I was planning on hitting Sugaree on my next trip to the mountains in a few weeks. I'll send you a PM in late August (trip to Cherokee) to see if it is back available then.

Im still open and running for the time being.. check us out at Simple Pleasures, easily the most diverse course south of Ashe County and north of Mars Hill!!

I just want to say that I hate that I never got to play it :thmbdown: but Rich, owning a tree farm and maintaining a course at the age of 57 is something very impressive! I feel like you did what you needed to do because destination courses usually don't last too long because they are usually on owned properties. They are hard to maintain and as disappointed I am that I never played it, we all knew how great it was, how unique it was and how hard you worked on the course and how great of a host you've been!

Latest posts