• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Suggestions for State of Disc Golf 2019 Survey?

Just wanted to chime in with my appreciation for this survey, and in general the data-gathering efforts over at Infinite Discs. I use the data collected to help me think about matching the right audio/video content to the audience. Thanks very much to ID and all the participants!

Thanks, JTacoma03, and thanks to everyone who's taken it so far. Here's a tidbit for your thoughts... data thus far:

XLRgyV4.jpg

Those are all great choices, although people may be overlooking another great choice:

Double G!!!!

:)

Seems like Nate isn't so under appreciated anymore. Been a good two years for him.

I took the survey. Responded that I didn't really care about short jokes being par 3 or par 2 and that I don't pay attention to par. Then there was a question regarding whether there should be more par 4's and 5's or stick with par 3's- I don't really care but had to pick one of the options.

Just a tidbit, if anyone cares...

I took the survey. Responded that I didn't really care about short jokes being par 3 or par 2 and that I don't pay attention to par. Then there was a question regarding whether there should be more par 4's and 5's or stick with par 3's- I don't really care but had to pick one of the options.

Just a tidbit, if anyone cares...

I don't have the patience to listen to par 4 or 5 jokes.

I would answer the disc golf questions if I could skip the personal ones. The point where my marital status effects my disc golf game is the point I have a different marital status.

Some questions had follow ups and some did not.
One of these questions, that lacked a follow up, irritated me; the one asking what company would I bag if I could only choose one. It did not have a follow up for why I would choose it. I am answering it here.

I would choose MVP/Axiom/Streamline, even though their mids suck and my main putter is made by someone else(RPM). I would choose them because

• They have the best throwing putters made and I can still putt very well with the Atom/Envy.
  • Their drivers are easier to throw on tight lines and
  • Their lightweight discs perform better than other companies lightweight discs..
    Discraft mids are phenomenal and their fairways are good as well. Unfortunately, their putting putters suck. I would probably putt with a beat up Wasp if I had to put Discraft.

Ok, essay completed.

Last edited:
I would answer the disc golf questions if I could skip the personal ones. The point where my marital status effects my disc golf game is the point I have a different marital status.

demographics plural : the statistical characteristics of human populations (such as age or income) used especially to identify markets

I'd like to know how well organized we are as a sport.

Do you have a local organization?
Is your local org a registered not-for-profit?
Is your local org officially recognized by your city government?
Do you have a state or provincial org?
Does your local org run junior development?

I'd like to know how well organized we are as a sport.

1. Do you have a local organization?
2. Is your local org a registered not-for-profit?
3. Is your local org officially recognized by your city government?
4. Do you have a state or provincial org?
5. Does your local org run junior development?

1. Yes though not PDGA registered called Lake Sharpe Disc golf Club for Pierre, South Dakota.
2. not sure but most likely
3. Not by the City Council but the City parks department and the Club recognize each other or a course in a City park would be one where the first draft of course would be a tiny putter practice course with 17-18 holes that most would have to be a a par 1 and some would be ace holes where you re-tee until you get the basket right off the tee or the hole is a guaranteed 2 even for total 100% beginners.
4.Yes it is run still by Kane Lairmer (not sure I spelled his last name right) I think? Not sure if he stepped down and it just sort of fizzled out after he took over PDGA Coordinator for the USA State of South Dakota. One Guy who was running the Black hills club out of Rapid City, though he lives in Sturgis my have taken over if Kane stepped down.
5. Local does not but they help the kids who come to the doubles league who need it. Often a few adults and older teens try help some with form issues or some disc slection if they have done what other beginners tried to do and buy a disc set up, of the bag to be like some pro bags.

Also due to me they have Disc Golf as part of the High School Rec Activities Outdoor program. the High school class use a Stingray or a Putter disc being either a Classic Aviar or Pole Cat if the teen does not have his own bag of discs. The group started with only Stingray discs but had to get the Classic Avair and Pole Cat later as they found the Stingray too US for the teens to use they were shaking them left throwing that hard especially the softball and Baseball Players as well as Hockey players (non school affiliated) and football. Not sure if the Middle School still does a Disc golf thing or not, there they use or used Wham-O Junior Pros or Ultamate discs as the class has a hard time with a few young teens trying to hit other players as you know how Middle school age is. They had to give the Pole Cats to the high school as a select few from the middle school young teens were trying to make others in class, people passing by on the bike path, and teacher all unconscious.

Latest posts