• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Super overstable driver

Fairway Driver - Viper
Distance Driver - Firebird
Max Distance - XCal, Max, Ape, etc (take your pic lol)

Depends on distance and speed you are wanting. Firebird, Max, and If you can find Xcals and Apes with high PLHs. But their best over stable drive (IMO) is the discmania PD2

I'm surprised this is even a question. Just get a Firebird. Or look at the flight numbers on their site. Every one is pretty accurate, except maybe the Roc. Sorry Roc lovers, but I've never seen a Roc with a 0,3 flight path. But I digress. Firebird. If you want higher speed, buy a Monster. It will remind you that you should have gotten a Firebird.

I'm surprised this is even a question. Just get a Firebird. Or look at the flight numbers on their site. Every one is pretty accurate, except maybe the Roc. Sorry Roc lovers, but I've never seen a Roc with a 0,3 flight path. But I digress. Firebird. If you want higher speed, buy a Monster. It will remind you that you should have gotten a Firebird.

Champ ranchos fly nice and OS, its what I use for those duties.

Firebird is your best bet.

Other good choices are; banshee, max, PD2, SDS Destroyer.

I would stay away from the ape and xcal. THe xcal is a great disc but it not always the most overstable, kinda flys how good destroyers do, and the ape is a joke of an overstable distance driver. The ape flips pretty easy into a headwind, which is why I stopped throwing them long ago.

You're brand new. Don't get a distance driver. You're better off with a Champ Teebird, or Banshee. These should be plenty overstable for your needs. Maybe a Firebird if you want a meat hook.

What's the most overstable disc you have right now?

You're brand new. Don't get a distance driver. You're better off with a Champ Teebird, or Banshee. These should be plenty overstable for your needs. Maybe a Firebird if you want a meat hook.

What's the most overstable disc you have right now?

Those are probably plenty for newer players for sure. The champ banshee did very well for me for the first couple of years until I grew into the predator, which is another fantastic overstable driver.

The Banshee is fantastic at its job - no turn at all and a big, reliable fade, but also not a flightless meathook if you're just starting out (which someone seems to think you are). I can't imagine needing something more OS than a Banshee unless you're pushing 400'.

I'm testing out the Resistor in my old Banshee slot; it's very good at its job, too, but doesn't meet your Innova requirement.

My SOS drivers by distance:
Whippet CFR Glow (200-280')
Firebird FAF 12X Champ (250-300')
Flick Z plastic (280-340')
XCal star, stiff (300' and over)

Distances are for pure hyzer or hyzer bomb lines. They can also be very useful for tight flex shots, usually throw them FH anhyzer low to the ground and let them crank back over at finish.

Banshee for drives, firebird for overhand shots.

Maybe there is a hole on his local course he is trying the anhyzer flick route on? Some of these suggestions wouldn't work (champ teebird and such)

Nuke OS is the most overstable disc I have ever thrown. That being said, I use such a disc for very specific purposes and not for max distance at all.

I use it for thumbers for one where I want a very fast flip over in the air for one reason or another on my thumber.

I also use it for shallow spike hyzers that crash hard. I find that nothing beats the nuke OS if you are trying to do a short distance spike. Such as you need to get around a big bushy tree in your face and the basket is right on the other side. With your only line being to toss it up and around to get anywhere near the basket. The Nuke OS is perfect for that shot like no other disc out there.

One can use other overstable disc to the same degree but nothing hooks and spikes harder than a Z line max weight nuke os.

Nuke OS is the most overstable disc I have ever thrown. That being said, I use such a disc for very specific purposes and not for max distance at all.

I use it for thumbers for one where I want a very fast flip over in the air for one reason or another on my thumber.

I also use it for shallow spike hyzers that crash hard. I find that nothing beats the nuke OS if you are trying to do a short distance spike. Such as you need to get around a big bushy tree in your face and the basket is right on the other side. With your only line being to toss it up and around to get anywhere near the basket. The Nuke OS is perfect for that shot like no other disc out there.

One can use other overstable disc to the same degree but nothing hooks and spikes harder than a Z line max weight nuke os.

Stiletto?

Uhhhh FLICK.....Now, it's the end of the thread. so stable you can do amazing things with it...almost a trick-shot disc...amazing.

My SOS drivers by distance:
Whippet CFR Glow (200-280')
Firebird FAF 12X Champ (250-300')
Flick Z plastic (280-340')
XCal star, stiff (300' and over)

Distances are for pure hyzer or hyzer bomb lines. They can also be very useful for tight flex shots, usually throw them FH anhyzer low to the ground and let them crank back over at finish.

Yeah, agreed. it depends on distance. But that Flick I use...I can forehand on a high anhyzer and it will go out to the right, come in left and turn fast and turn back right. totally snake that disc. Useful in odd situations, but if I'm driving a stable drive Ill go with my D2 or Crush, Predator. etc

Ok...here is what I suggest as you are not quite a noob but still somewhat green...(and please do not take offense to that statement because we were all in your shoes at one time or another).

Banshee
Firebird
Predator

Do not go into the X-Cal, Boss, Ape, discs quite yet...you don't have the arm speed for those yet unless you are throwing 430+.