• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

super sekret teqniques

You should do another thing where you ask if people were willing to travel to XXXXX location and help fund your lessons like you did in the Dallas area. Or at least were inquiring about a while back.
Ask who's willing to pay/donate $50 a piece to cover your plane ticket/hotel for a day long/weekend long event. Get a tally, we book 5-10 rooms and all split the bills... Learn something, get drunk that night.... And then come home with some knowledge.
I'd burn a weekend for something like that.

AciDBatH666 said:
You should do another thing where you ask if people were willing to travel to XXXXX location and help fund your lessons like you did in the Dallas area. Or at least were inquiring about a while back.
Ask who's willing to pay/donate $50 a piece to cover your plane ticket/hotel for a day long/weekend long event. Get a tally, we book 5-10 rooms and all split the bills... Learn something, get drunk that night.... And then come home with some knowledge.

I would totally do that, especially since a friend and I have been trying to come up with the money to fly him out for a few days ourselves hah

for the love of God tell us already!!! I've been having a form meltdown lately and I need this man. come on man I got these cheeseburgers man....let me get 2 dollars man....

cant . . .wait . . . must . . .know . . .secrets . . . . to . . .not . . . suck . . .

AciDBatH666 said:

yessssssss!

hell I want to fly to, what is it Minnesota?, right now

I was gonna fly to Quebec for a weekend to support my wife at the Canadian Ultimate Championships

I could probably fly to Minnesota, stay in a hotel, AND pay Blake $$$ for the same amount

upside: I might actually be able to throw a disc
downside: unhappy wife

clearly the upside outweighs the downside

Blake let me know if you are taking out of town students :D

AciDBatH666 said:

^^^this is a good idea

Well it was something that Blake was debating on a while back. I found the link, he posted this in 2007.
http://www.discgolfreview.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2807&hilit=dallas+lesson

AciDBatH666 said:
Well it was something that Blake was debating on a while back. I found the link, he posted this in 2007.
http://www.discgolfreview.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2807&hilit=dallas+lesson

Blake always has a bed here at the house if he wants to come down... I was the one who said he should take money in advance.. If people want to show up after they pay great!!! Blake is a genius... Its worth it... He is just stage shy I think...

AciDBatH666 said:
I just recently burned a week for something like that.

Blake_T said:
haha. that's almost my goal.

realistically i'm shooting for teaching someone who can throw 300+ to throw 450' in 30-45 minutes :p

right now i have the in motion and the eject motions down. the idea currently works for sidearm and overhand throws since the correct in motion breeds the correct eject action. i have to find a way to bridge the gap for backhand throws and doing 1 or 2 lessons with it should hopefully yield that result.

working with people for 5 minutes with it i've gotten someone who had never had a successful sidearm throw before to be able to throw a 250' sidearm with a very understable driver and a few others have gone 200+ nose down backhand with no reachback, run up, body rotation, and 20-30% strong arm power on it.

Soo, will it teach a newish player who throws 400+ to throw 550' in 30-45 minutes? =)

Timko said:
His explanation of focusing on the disc and the pivoting of the weight of the disc is spot on; I've found that "swing" thought has helped both newbees and myself with distance.

That sounds familiar...

it's a variation on yours brad but i've found a way to implement it for all styles of throwing.

where i am hung up is the transition between the in motion and out motion.

Blake_T said:
it's a variation on yours brad but i've found a way to implement it for all styles of throwing.

Would this be similar to what Brad calls the apex (in motion) and outward pull (out motion)?

wait a minute are we talking about swinging the disc around the thumb and forefinger pivot point? and this action being propagated by the wrist?

sunspot said:
Blake_T said:

Would this be similar to what Brad calls the apex (in motion) and outward pull (out motion)?

I have advanced the technique well beyond the videos...

Teach us more of your ways Brad! I haven't really committed the field time necessary to begin tapping into the powers of your technique...but I've noticed that it is easier to throw as far as or a little farther with it. I just have anhyzer tendencies when I focus so much on the wrist extension :(.

Latest posts