• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

super sekret teqniques

Blake_T1

* Ace Member *
i'm on the verge of developing the best teaching method i have ever come up with to date.

it's in the works on being perfected and i've only used it with a few students. it is a method of focus that works for all types of throws (backhand, sidearm, overhand, rollers, putting, etc.) but it just needs some fine tuning before i "put it out there."

i'm not spilling the beans just yet but i figured this might stir up some anticipation :p

i need to work with a few students on it first. i've actually got plans to work with a couple of players, which will be my first new students i've taken on in a couple of years.

what i can say is that i've ditched focusing on body positions and completely technical breakdowns. all of those items can be corrected by simply addressing the focus of the throw and the interaction between your body and the disc.

I'm sure I'm going to be throwing 500 ft. line drives within minutes of this revelation being made public.

haha. that's almost my goal.

realistically i'm shooting for teaching someone who can throw 300+ to throw 450' in 30-45 minutes :p

right now i have the in motion and the eject motions down. the idea currently works for sidearm and overhand throws since the correct in motion breeds the correct eject action. i have to find a way to bridge the gap for backhand throws and doing 1 or 2 lessons with it should hopefully yield that result.

working with people for 5 minutes with it i've gotten someone who had never had a successful sidearm throw before to be able to throw a 250' sidearm with a very understable driver and a few others have gone 200+ nose down backhand with no reachback, run up, body rotation, and 20-30% strong arm power on it.

Is it bad that the anticipation, anxiety, sheer thrill I just felt upon reading that is comparable only to when a chick took off my pants for the first time...?

Blake_T said:
i'm on the verge of developing the best teaching method i have ever come up with to date.

it's in the works on being perfected and i've only used it with a few students. it is a method of focus that works for all types of throws (backhand, sidearm, overhand, rollers, putting, etc.) but it just needs some fine tuning before i "put it out there."

i'm not spilling the beans just yet but i figured this might stir up some anticipation :p

This sounds great. If it is not too much trouble could you put that technique into a pill which also makes you lose weight and become wealthy?

Blake will probably die and someone will find his notebooks on distance with the note "I have discovered a truly marvelous and easy way to reach 500' of distance. This margin is too narrow to contain it."

Confidential note to Blake: you will hopefully not die in the foreseeable future :D

This sounds great. If it is not too much trouble could you put that technique into a pill which also makes you lose weight and become wealthy?

no, but it will add 8" and cure male pattern baldness :p

Is it bad that the anticipation, anxiety, sheer thrill I just felt upon reading that is comparable only to when a chick took off my pants for the first time...?

yes, it is bad.

Blake will probably die and someone will find his notebooks on distance with the note "I have discovered a truly marvelous and easy way to reach 500' of distance. This margin is too narrow to contain it."

you can guess what classes i took in college because i actually got that reference.

right now it's a means of teaching by instilling an idea. i've been searching for years to get away from talk about body positions and tried to find ways to train timing and power focus. it revolves around a method of building a feel for the act of snapping and then slowly integrating basic throwing concepts into the motion.

if i'm able to do this lesson soon i have a feeling i will be able to come up with my transition between the in motion and the out motion that i am searching for.

it's an extremely simple rethinking of the throw. as much as i can try to idiot-proof it i'm sure there will be those who are unable/unwilling to let go of their old throwing mechanics and they will struggle with it.

I'm so excited about the 8"! :p

But, really, this sounds like fun! Can't wait to see what I can learn.

Blake_T said:

Well the anticipation is stirred up. If you need an over the phone student to try it out on let me know.

bcsst26 said:
If you need an over the phone student to try it out on let me know.

Me too! :lol:

Blake, you'll be happy to know that all of the pounding you did to get your ideas into my head worked, as I had a massive gain in D (over 500' now). I'm looking forward to seeing what your new ideas are.

>grabbing my popcorn and sittin' back, 'cause this is gonna get good...<

Daniel

Blake_T said:
it's an extremely simple rethinking of the throw. as much as i can try to idiot-proof it i'm sure there will be those who are unable/unwilling to let go of their old throwing mechanics and they will struggle with it.

Idiot-proof!! Hah! Do not underestimate our cumulative idiocy. We are not mere, run-of-the-mill idiots. We are Frizzzbee Idiots: Idiots of an almost unfathomable degree. So factor that into your fancy calculations.

At least you will have plenty of guinea pigs.

Mark Ellis said:
Blake_T said:

We are not mere, run-of-the-mill idiots. We are Frizzzbee Idiots: Idiots of an almost unfathomable degree.

Hey, I resemble that last remark! :lol:

Blake and I chatted about some server stuff last night, and he ran some of the foundations of his new teaching methods by me. Ironically, I've arrived at similar conclusions lately and have been using them in my instruction. His explanation of focusing on the disc and the pivoting of the weight of the disc is spot on; I've found that "swing" thought has helped both newbees and myself with distance.

hehe.

i'm probably more excited about this from a teaching standpoint unless i see some significant results from it with some upcoming lessons.

basically, i think this will teach that ever-elusive timing element that i've never found an easier method of teaching before (e.g. fixing the "your shoulders are moving too fast" problem) and incorporate the benefits of the right pec drill without having to throw 500 right pec drill throws.

unless i'm able to bridge the gap between the in motion and out motion it may only have mild benefits for backhand throwers but it does teach solid fundamentals for sidearm and overhand throwing with incredible ease.

hopefully it will cool off here and i can get out and work with a few players.

Latest posts