• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Superb Value Bag

I picked 2 up this afternoon. Since they are 2 for 10, I thought that would be best!

I noticed that some are a little different. Mine have zippered pockets on the side, there was a purple one that also had sleeves on each end that would be perfect for a putter. The purple also had a bit nicer strap, and the plastic bottom. I am secure in my manliness, but carrying around a purple bag is a little much for me, so I got 1 blue and one black.

Nice....saw these bags at Walgreen after I had one made for me. Now that I see it works qutie well I am going to check the local WG to see if I can pick up some backups. Nice find!

It's not too large, Deluxe doesnt sound bad! This will be the new lingo....Nice Bag, yea its a WG Deluxe, wow I wish I had one of those! Yea it was really expensive, I'm not sure you can afford it...

Thanks for all the feedback on my frame. The bar in the center actually slides back and forth to accommodate more disc. I'm thinking about building a 2.0 version with some improvements. I hope to actually use the bag tomorrow, if the weather cooperates.

Frame complete

Well, I finished it up. Here are some pictures to illustrate what was added to the bag.

First is the corrugated plastic that I cut to fit in the bottom of the bag for additional support. This stuff is incredibly strong.

Next is the frame outside of the bag. The bar that sticks out from the left of the frame is what creates the compartments for a bottle and miscellaneous other items once it's inside the bag.

Here is a mock up of the frame with the discs, Gatorade bottle, baseball, socks and flashlight.

Attachments

• Corrugated plastic bottom.jpg
    Corrugated plastic bottom.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 129
  • Bag and Frame.jpg
    Bag and Frame.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_0886.jpg
    IMG_0886.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 188
Frame complete 2

Here's an inside view with frame installed along with the gear.

I'm anxious to test it out on the course. I'll see how it works on Thursday at league. It seems to work really well but the true test will be during an actual round.

I'm my own worst critic so I know I'm going to find something to complain about. :D

Attachments

• Inside view.jpg
    Inside view.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 75
  • Loaded up.jpg
    Loaded up.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 80
  • Ready for the course.jpg
    Ready for the course.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 57
Here's an inside view with frame installed along with the gear.

I'm anxious to test it out on the course. I'll see how it works on Thursday at league. It seems to work really well but the true test will be during an actual round.

I'm my own worst critic so I know I'm going to find something to complain about. :D

Very nice man, you lucked out and got the good version of the bag (2 mini pockets, real pockets on the side, etc). The frame looks great, good luck on the course, let us know how it works.

Thanks guys. I'll definitely let you know if it passes or fails the 18 hole test.

Yeah that's the 'Competition' level bag LOL! I noticed that it also has four little knobs/feet on the bottom. Nice little touch. I stopped by the Walgreens on the way home from work and saw that they still have quite a few of the other bags. They're still 2 for $10. They haven't put them on clearance yet at that Walgreens. I'm gonna keep my eye on them.

I checked a couple walgreens in my area and found nothing...

On the other hand, I did find a nice mini cooler from WalMart for 5 bucks. Extra space in it to pack other stuff I needed and I don't like to have too many discs on the course. 12 discs works perfect and my drinks / sammiches stay perfectly cold. That bag looks awesome though. If I had found one... I would have most definitely stolen your concept.