• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Taking a first timer to play today

I'm taking two or three of my employees out to a short 9-hole course next week. I'm giving everyone an avair or mako. That's it. One disc round for everyone...including me.

I'm taking two or three of my employees out to a short 9-hole course next week. I'm giving everyone an avair or mako. That's it. One disc round for everyone...including me.

i did the same thing once when i found myself out on a course with only a few discs and a new person with none.

i just let them use my z buzzz the entire time, even for putts. worked out good i'd say.

mako's are just great discs... the only disc i'd consider losing my z buzzz for. i need to get one.

I'd say it went pretty well. I ended up getting a few discs from the bins.. Ill be reading and playing. Good to see a hearty board.

I have to say its an impressive site. I look forward to abusing my starter bag o' discs. Oak Grove has been good fun.

I have to say its an impressive site. I look forward to abusing my starter bag o' discs. Oak Grove has been good fun.
I know somebody who used to always use that avatar. If it's you, then you'll know who I am. If not .. then welcome to the site!

I am a true new guy on here. Ive been on BMW boards for years, but thats about it.

Im meeting up with a work buddy,it will be his 2nd time, Ill let him use these.
Champ T Bird [new]
Champ Sidewinder [beet it well]
DX Valk
Z Buzzz
Hornet
Grip Line Spike putter

i've introduced around 10 or so of my friends to the game. i find that each one has liked a different disc right out of the gate. for example my wife's goto disc from day 1 was a dx gazelle, while another one of my friends couldn't do a thing with it. turns out his disc of choice was a nuke; i couldn't throw the thing worth a damn but he has huge straight drives almost every time. you just never know.

welcome, i was in your shoes last summer, just starting out. didn't know how to throw backhand at all. now im shooting low fifties at my local courses and crushing my teebirds and leopards

some people here are going to bullsh*t you, but most of the advice you will find here is helpful, but remember that it's just advice. recommendations. the same thing may not work for you that worked for someone else. do what i do, read everything, play a lot, make your own conclusions

also having a local pro to consult whenever i want is awesome

Latest posts