• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Tallest disc golfer!

I find this hard to believe when a healthy number of pros don't even use the tee pad when one is available.

They are taking advantage of the whole teepad. Teeing off from where they might have a better angle or because its safer to tee off of dirt and grass sometimes because the concrete tees might be too worn down or because there are rubber or turf pads that are slick.

They are taking advantage of the whole teepad. Teeing off from where they might have a better angle or because its safer to tee off of dirt and grass sometimes because the concrete tees might be too worn down or because there are rubber or turf pads that are slick.

I would agree the Pros take advantage of what is available, the teepad at high level events is often defined wider than the "phyiscal" teepad that is present so they can use a better surface. Its better for different reasons for different people. It might be a safer surface because it is more level or less slippery or a healthier surface because it doesn't stress joints or whatever.

What I meant was that some people just seem to have run-ups that are 1.5 times longer than the teepad no matter the length of the teepad or the length of the hole. I know it helps to keep a consistent routine, but the very large casual population out there could use some work improving their routine.

I would agree the Pros take advantage of what is available, the teepad at high level events is often defined wider than the "phyiscal" teepad that is present so they can use a better surface. Its better for different reasons for different people. It might be a safer surface because it is more level or less slippery or a healthier surface because it doesn't stress joints or whatever.

What I meant was that some people just seem to have run-ups that are 1.5 times longer than the teepad no matter the length of the teepad or the length of the hole. I know it helps to keep a consistent routine, but the very large casual population out there could use some work improving their routine.

Agreed, I just assume those people thing they need a running start to get the disc up to speed quicker. I am one that prefers a longer run up and most teepads arent large enough to accommodate someone of my size so Ive changed my form to only try and use the teepad that is given. It sucks but its life.

Latest posts