• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Team Trilogy

i am honestly surprised mvp fanboys didnt start a club like this years ago. nothing against them, im just going to say i think they have more loyal following than trilogy ever will have.

they would have to have more than 10 people throwing their discs.

Man 6 pages in and it is still going. I have seen the underbelly of DGCR before but this is close to taking the cake.

And Steeze you are a.o.k. in my book. way to roll with the punches.

Man 6 pages in and it is still going. I have seen the underbelly of DGCR before but this is close to taking the cake.

Haha right? What did trolls do before internet forums? I mean people must have always had the same compulsions to mess with people, how did they get it out? Was prank calling people the trolling of the 80's and 90's?

SUMMARY

For everyone who doesn't want to read 6 pages.

Think of it this way. What if I said, "Hey! Everyone who already is throwing only westside/lat64/DD in a tourney, do you want a sweet discount and some custom stamped discs?" Response from everyone who was already doing that "Yes please".

End of discussion.

Also, to anyone looking for information, ask Dusty. The majority of the people posting in here are people who aren't affiliated, and are clearly opposed. It's worth reading the opposition's comments to get a fair perspective, but if you are looking to be "sponsored" or switching over for a huge incentive, you should reconsider.

Before caller ID, there was nothing quite as fun as calling 10 pizza places, and having them all deliver to a house...then calling the house and asking how their pizzas were. I got threatened with much physical violence on one of those...

Agreed. We've got people in here who aren't affiliated with Team Trilogy getting all fired up and calling people names, while Steeze has kept it cool the whole time. Good on ya, sir. :thmbup:

Some of these posts, I can't tell if people are mad about the club, or mad that they can't be in the club. Maybe they should think about honorary memberships for the guys n gals who don't make the cut...Team Trilogy Official Fan Club.

It seems to have a kind of Amway/Scientology type feel that I wouldn't be into, but it seems pretty clearly spelled out what the members are getting into, so no harm no foul.

Do your thing.

Yeah he doesn't ever throw out personal attacks :rolleyes:

The Trilogy Master Ambassador

But I thought we had something special you and me. I'll sing power ballads to you?

That's a cute title. You going to give me another one? I've grown partial to DD fanboi but it's your money.

Last edited:
Agreed. We've got people in here who aren't affiliated with Team Trilogy getting all fired up and calling people names, while Steeze has kept it cool the whole time. Good on ya, sir. :thmbup:

I'm not posting after midnight drunk. Plus it's just fun to take in all that hate and anger when there is no reason for it. It's relieving. If it upsets the people who have posted here with negativity and misdirection it must be good because I typically enjoy everything that upsets them. I credit Dustin for his approach and maybe that rubbed off on me. I didn't even know I was supposed to behave on social media before scarpfish posted that list lol. I guess this could might count for that so I'll be polite. Even to my boy, clownshoes.

Thank you sir. I'm doing the rope-a-dope.

So, what IS this "sweet" discount?

Since you're feeling hurt and you can't be bothered to read the relevant posts on this in this thread and the others you've been a part of on this exact topic I'm going to humor you one last time. Although it's quite clear you don't care the answer you just want to keep this going.

Special TT dyemax designs at a discount
TT stamped discs at near wholesale cost.
TT drifits and other apparel also near wholesale cost
TT bag tag $1
10% off all trilogy discs purchased
Angering DGCR posters with your membership to the team FREE

So much drama in the DGCR...

Simple things...you don't like it, don't do it. Want to be a part of it, find out how.

Coming on here and bashing others for the choices they make is just lame and immature. "I don't like what you are doing with your free time so you must be a dork." "I hate the name of your disc and think it's wrong so I'm going to email the company and get it changed." Y'all should find another hobby, yeah I went there....a hobby other than disc golf.

And UCF and Steeze get positive iClassy feedback from me.

Some of these posts, I can't tell if people are mad about the club, or mad that they can't be in the club. Maybe they should think about honorary memberships for the guys n gals who don't make the cut...Team Trilogy Official Fan Club.

It seems to have a kind of Amway/Scientology type feel that I wouldn't be into, but it seems pretty clearly spelled out what the members are getting into, so no harm no foul.

Do your thing.

This is the one opinion/feeling I don't understand. There is no part of the rules or is it even a thought that you should try to recruit people. Maybe its just me but I couldn't care less who or how many people join.

This is the one opinion/feeling I don't understand. There is no part of the rules or is it even a thought that you should try to recruit people. Maybe its just me but I couldn't care less who or how many people join.

Maybe overstated it a bit. I'm pretty anti-social, so a bunch of arbitrary rules can chafe me some. Nothing personal, it wouldn't interest me I don't think, but I don't see anything wrong with what you're doing because of that.

Even the semantics doesn't really bother me as much as the others, but I think the bush everyone's beating around is the use of "team," which is generally used for sponsored players, they think it's like trickeration.

Yeah I've never heard anything about recruiting people and I don't. If someone asks me how to join I'll help them with info but if they say "hey I want to join I want discounts" then I tell them it's not for them. As far as advertising for the brands I don't even see how we're doing that very often. I'm not making these threads and saying you should join or change your bag. I'm not out on the course everyday in a bunch of logos all over me trying to get random players to throw my discs. I simply play my normal leagues, tournaments, and casual rounds with a little bag tag on my bag with about 4 other tags. I've had about 2 other team trilogy people see it and say hey man I'm on the team too. Cool man nice to meet you. That's it.

Even the semantics doesn't really bother me as much as the others, but I think the bush everyone's beating around is the use of "team," which is generally used for sponsored players, they think it's like trickeration.

It's phonetically pleasing. Trilogy group or club just doesn't have the same ring to it or meaning. A team is not synonymous with sponsorship. We're competing against each other for performance points and networking with those around the country and world who enjoy the same discs. So in a sense it's just a big scrimmage group. I think it's pretty awesome. I know that if I travel out of state for a tournament I can probably find someone on the team who will let me crash if I can't get a hotel. Or if I'm taking a road trip I can ask who in the area can meet up for a round and show me a course. It's not really different than the meetups that happen on this board except we all enjoy the same discs. Every single sport or hobby or industry I've known has something similar.

I know you were just pointing out what others feel about the name not yourself. I'm just trying to help everyone understand. We don't do blood sacrifices and have secret handshakes. That's year two. :p

Maybe overstated it a bit. I'm pretty anti-social, so a bunch of arbitrary rules can chafe me some. Nothing personal, it wouldn't interest me I don't think, but I don't see anything wrong with what you're doing because of that.

Not taken personally just curious. Pyramid schemey feeling things are a turn off to me as well.

I get the "team" thing, seems like a ton of backlash for one word that, may or may not, give some people the false idea that they are a sponsored player which could lead to . . . nothing. But I guess in the end its a slow day for news and we are all just trying pass the time between rounds right?

Latest posts