• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Tee types

IMG_8282.JPG

Is this a joke :confused:

I hope the basket is behind that tree.

This is the Pro Tee on #8 at Vallarta-Ast, just north of Madison. The tees are great on this course...flared and long, but this one.....the ground drops off the front of the tee...a foot or more in three feet and then you got the boulders to contend with. Its a great hole from the pro tee, but the drop-off is kinda distracting.

Attachments

• Vallarta # 8.jpg
    Vallarta # 8.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 19
But some courses have tee pads that are so ridiculously small they're more of a joke than a teeing area. E.g. Hudson Springs Park.

IMG_8282.JPG

Is this a joke :confused:

I hope the basket is behind that tree.

Nope, basket is 234' away across the fence (look up and to the right of the gate).

You can see the full size Summertime pic here: http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/VGm-1o_QIaQagS-YKKXGjg?feat=directlink
and the same hole in the Wintertime here: http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/PZB0eft54MxZdAzkRGK2og?feat=directlink

A few of the pads on the longer holes, e.g. #14, are a bit bigger... maybe 6' long. Oooohhh. Ahhhhh. Some of the worst serious attempts at tee pads I've seen. Otherwise a pretty nice course though, but the tee pads brought down the rating. Most of the pads are really only usable if you throw without a run-up.

Arentcha not supposed to step over anyways?

I dont know...just askin.
A follow-through over the front line after you release the disc is legal (and rather common).

Nope, basket is 234' away across the fence (look up and to the right of the gate).

You can see the full size Summertime pic here: http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/VGm-1o_QIaQagS-YKKXGjg?feat=directlink
and the same hole in the Wintertime here: http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/PZB0eft54MxZdAzkRGK2og?feat=directlink

A few of the pads on the longer holes, e.g. #14, are a bit bigger... maybe 6' long. Oooohhh. Ahhhhh. Some of the worst serious attempts at tee pads I've seen. Otherwise a pretty nice course though, but the tee pads brought down the rating. Most of the pads are really only usable if you throw without a run-up.

thats pretty obvious by the amount of dirt around the box.

Here's #18 at Elver Park in Madison. Bomber finishing hole. The tees are short here.....like 8 footers. The timbers in this picture was how it looked last summer. YIKES! I'm not sure, but I believe the plan is to fill the timbered areas with gravel...I haven't played Elver this year, but last summer this tee felt like a Marine obstacle course.

Attachments

• ElverPark #18.jpg
    ElverPark #18.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 21
screw throwing on gravel..i would be sure to bust my @$$....i prefer concrete over dirt, and ive never thrown on ashpalt or rubber....wish there were some courses in my area that had it though...just so i could see if i liked it....but concrete works for now

I don't do a big run up so I don't really care. There was one tee at Victor Lord that was rubber mulch and it was really comfy feeling. Not sure if I would want to run up on it though.

screw throwing on gravel..i would be sure to bust my @$$....i prefer concrete over dirt, and ive never thrown on ashpalt or rubber....wish there were some courses in my area that had it though...just so i could see if i liked it....but concrete works for now

don't you ever say that again, always wish for concrete. :D.. its way overrated.. ashphalt get nasty with heat and general wear from the drive.. rubber can be nice.. unless they don't level and maintain the ground below the pads.. dirt is probably next next favorite too concrete...and I've never thrown on a dirt pad.. haha..

Concrete. My local park has nice big ones, when another here has little ones which are a bit harder to run up on.

I like concrete with horizontal groves in the pad for water drainage and traction...

My least favorite are the natural ones with roots running through them...which happens to be on most of my favorite wooded courses, ie. Rosedale Down Under

how about the concrete tee pads with signs on the pad.....yea pretty messed up....check it out, Bill Allen http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=138

That's brutal...I've hit signs like that with my hand before...

Or how about trees right next to the tee pad on the side...I've hit those too...there's one at La Mirada that I've hit the same tree twice in one day on my follow through...it's tough being blonde sometimes :eek:

Rubber and concrete are my personal favorites. Grass isn't bad, but if its like the courses around here the grass quickly becomes dirt and mud when it rains. I have also noticed that a lot of grass tees start to wear the can get big ruts, I've nearly broken my ankle more than once. I have never played on gravel or sand, but sounds like it would give a little too much. As for upkeep concrete has to be the way to go.

Latest posts