• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Teebird plus

Yeah, I probably wont touch a Teebird+ due to the weights always being so high most the time, but was just curious.

Just got mine last week and threw it for the first time yesterday. I love the line, I love the weight, I love the disc. Maybe it's cause it's an awesome disc, or maybe I was just on my game yesterday, but it went exactly where I wanted it to go almost every time!

I recently placed an order with an online disc vendor. I ordered 2 champ teebirds. I got them today, and both are stamped champion teebird, but underneath, the one says T 171 and the other appears to say +TB 172. the + its kinda scribbled.

I can't really see a difference in the molds, but Im not sure what to look for either. How can I tell if i got a teebird+ and what is the flight difference anyway? Is there anything other than the slant? How extreme is the slant? If it should be obvious, then I can assume they sent me a regular teebird that was labeled oddly, but if the difference is slight, I may just not be seeing it.

Here maybe this pic will help. TB+ is the orange disc.

Oh yeah, and for the record, my Teebird+ says TB+ not +TB. I would guess that since you can't tell a difference, possibly somebody at Innova forgot what they were marking that day.

Attachments

• DSC03568.jpg
    DSC03568.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 29
something I just noticed, the in question +TB says rancho cucamonga CAL, and the T says rancho cucamonga CA.

anyone know if this is consistent across molds?

I tried the ruler trick, comparing them to the pic, I'm just an idiot i think, At first I was thinking it was definitely a TB+ with the ruler, then realized i was screwing it up because i was pressing down the dome of the disc.

All my TB+ are CALs, but regular TBs haven't been CALs since mid-11x I think.
Sounds like you got one of each. Although they released the TB+ with its own "plus mold" stamp, they sometimes appear in regular stock. Valkyrie Pluses popped up a few months ago and are consistently mixed in with regular stock - about every 1 outta 10 champs.

Plus
ngwn0n.jpg

Regular
2hnpfzc.jpg

Its definitely a plus, its failing all the tests when i really look at it, and te CAL tooling, and also, looking at the top between the two, the rim appears wider (because it is) where the inner rim meats the flight plate.

now trying to decide if i throw it or just send it back. based on most of the thoughts here i should probably just send it back.

TB+ is a great disc for when you want a little more stability than a Teebird. Seems like a perfect compliment instead of looking for an all new disc. Now only if they would make a TB- that is still basically the same disc, but with a little less stability.

If you absolutely love regular TBs then you'll probably have an issue with the 'plus' but I think its worth trying out.
Many people have experienced them being noticeably more overstable, but if its actually 172 its an exceptionally light 'plus' - most are 175+.
Great for larger hands; Dave D made it because rims that size were just uncomfortable.

I just got a regular Teebird in champion plastic. I gotta learn it's quirks (or how to throw it correctly which is probably the case) but it seems like a good disc so far.

I use a power-grip on drivers & mids. Lost my old TB the first round at the Glass Blown Open. Got a T-Bird + between rounds and started to use it that day. No problems to report.

Glass blown open? do you have to use to play?

<<<Loves it at work when I say "I play disc golf" they say "sweet lets go burn" :gross:

Latest posts