• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] teebird t3

One of the tourney videos referenced someone bagging a flatter run of the teebird3. What run was that if anyone knows?

Not sure but I have two Slomez Glow TB3s and they are very flat and OS. They sat in my disc bins for a year but now my oldest son (15, big arm) I both bag them. Good for flicks and thumbers in addition to BH.

Getting all of the leftovers.

Paul did not have a signature TB3.

I wish the guys on the podcast asked him about the Harp shot! Great interview otherwise, Ricky has the fire back. :hfive:

I kind of hope we see some just regular Champ TB3s, enough of this Metal Flake noise.

I'm with you on that one, although I appreciate the unique opportunity to bag metal flake that isn't abnormally stable.

Paul did not have a signature TB3.

I wish the guys on the podcast asked him about the Harp shot! Great interview otherwise, Ricky has the fire back. :hfive:

He was asked about it on the PDGA podcast. Said he might try a rhino for that shot but hasnt thrown them enough yet, also mentioned aviarx3, pig or gator possibly making the bag.

Anybody throwing the Anthony Barela Metal Flake Teebird3? How do they compare to last years McBeth?

Also, has anybody picked up a Star Teebird3 that had enough dome to be considered a domey Teebird? I grabbed one at a Sockibomb event because I found it interesting. That disc is as stable as a Banshee. The exact opposite of my Domey Teebirds. PLH is only barely noticeably higher than my flippy and domey pre-AJ Teebird.

http://imgur.com/a/ICPbJ7B Teebird3 on the right.

https://imgur.com/a/lYUz8DU

Got a Heimburg Glow T3 on the way. How OS are these? I'm hoping it can handle FH's well.

Got a Heimburg Glow T3 on the way. How OS are these? I'm hoping it can handle FH's well.

Unsure about the Heimburg but my team stamp is flat and not as overstable as the current Champ Teebirds. Have you thrown any other glows? Still has fade and HSS but it's workable and is beating into that "beat Teebird" flight faster than any current Champ I own.

Unsure about the Heimburg but my team stamp is flat and not as overstable as the current Champ Teebirds. Have you thrown any other glows? Still has fade and HSS but it's workable and is beating into that "beat Teebird" flight faster than any current Champ I own.

This is my first T3. I've been using a Nybo Teebird for about a year. It's great for BH's (other than the dull swirly color) but gets wonky on the FH.

My Thunderbirds are all super OS even with my FH. I have to put strong anhyzer with a FH on my 166g Star Thunderbird for a wide open shot & it still fights out every time where it gets tough to dial it in right.

Ordered the Heimburg T3 hoping that I would find that middle ground where I could lean on it off the tee for a FH & it would be able to handle with the extra speed without flipping like the Nybo Teebird.

This is my first T3. I've been using a Nybo Teebird for about a year. It's great for BH's (other than the dull swirly color) but gets wonky on the FH.

My Thunderbirds are all super OS even with my FH. I have to put strong anhyzer with a FH on my 166g Star Thunderbird for a wide open shot & it still fights out every time where it gets tough to dial it in right.

Ordered the Heimburg T3 hoping that I would find that middle ground where I could lean on it off the tee for a FH & it would be able to handle with the extra speed without flipping like the Nybo Teebird.

Never really messed with the T3 outside of a couple of tosses with a friends disc but if it doesn't work for you I would suggest a CD2. Look for a flat one. They aren't OS but they handle power fine and they are easy to predict and control with FH

The T3 is a different mold than the Teebird right? Or is it the same wing with a flat (3) top?

The T3 is a different mold than the Teebird right? Or is it the same wing with a flat (3) top?

Same wing.

I don't have too much STB experience, though I bought a handful recently I've always been a Champ guy regardless of the mold. I have the most experience in STBs in the 158-162 range...what's wonky about the Nybo TB? Are they generally less overstable than other Teebirds? Is yours just that beat?

Same wing.

I don't have too much STB experience, though I bought a handful recently I've always been a Champ guy regardless of the mold. I have the most experience in STBs in the 158-162 range...what's wonky about the Nybo TB? Are they generally less overstable than other Teebirds? Is yours just that beat?

The Nybo is still OS for my BH. I've got a lot of stank on my FH & if I release the Nybo with anyhyzer it doesn't come out of it.

Do you only have Star Thunderbirds? I have heard they are typically more OS...I have only thrown one and it was definitely more dumpy/stable than champs. Thunderbirds are great in Champ I think, though they do start pretty beefy. If I FH it max power flat it will hold straight and end right, if I FH it with a touch of anny it will flex out and still fade a little. For reference that is 330'ish flat FH power. Beat in ones will turn with FH for me, but that takes significant use.

I also agree the CD2 is a great beat in Thunderbird style FH disc from the few I have tried. I would expect it to hold an anny though on a hard FH, so may not be what you want. Depends on how steep of flex shots you throw and how hard you FH I guess, it gets tricky with different power and angles.

I like the Thunderbird more than the PD for both feel and how it powers down, but I do think the PD is an excellent FH laser driver as well. I just get concerned about all the runs/stabilities that people get into and not wanting to deal with it.

Basically I'm talking about other discs because IMO Teebirds should hold lines, so it doesn't surprise me that a Teebird of any kind will hold a hard FH anny to the dirt. It's also way easier for me to put a firm low anny angle on a disc with a FH than a BH, so I experience the same thing that a beefy Teebird will flex out of my BH but not my FH in a similar way.