• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] teebird t3

I traded for a relatively new G* T3 yesterday and I was wondering what people think about theirs as the G*s have worn in over time???

I've had my G* plastic in the bag for four months now. Even my Firebirds that take some serious punishment on the course from overhand throws and rollers seem to be holding up alright. Tree hits haven't really changed the flight patterns although concrete may be G*'s arch nemesis. I've had some serious road rash develop when I've gone OB and skipped on the asphalt...

I traded for a relatively new G* T3 yesterday and I was wondering what people think about theirs as the G*s have worn in over time???
been throwing a yellow 166g production stamp since september and it's become my go to driver. I throw it more than my SOLFs now and that's pretty astounding. It's broken in nicely without showing much wear at all. Concrete hasn't done much to mine thankfully. My home course has a road lining every hole, so it's seen it's fair share of bad throws.

This disc is fantastic for dialing in various distances. I can power it down to reach 275 or throttle up to reach 350 without sacrificing stability.

Fast forward 4 years and these 2014 pre-releases are still among the best FH Teebirds ever created. Completely board flat. That domey pic was clearly taken poorly, these are all flat in my experience. I had a guy give me one as a new player after I won a tourney and I have never found a 7 speed quite like it. I just spent a few months looking for Rivals that are similar or better (I throw Legacy mainly now) but Rivals are never this flat, only this stable. Flatness is key for FH. I actually bag a shape-able rival and this T3. Just wanted to tack onto this discussion because after a solid year with my Teebird3, its started to break in and I wanted an fresh, OS backup. I just so happened to find 3 pre-releases for just over $25 each and gobbled them up fast this week. That should last me another 5 years! Pretty pumped to have these as backups.

Last edited:
yeah I strayed away from Innova for a while to explore but came back when the T3 came out and its just a disc I never want out of my bag, unless I decide to throw in just a regular teebird I may swap it out if the course calls for it - but yeah T3 is SUCH a trusty disc Perfectly High speed stable (when really worn in shows a hint of turn) but will confidently fade without being too OS, yeah T3 was and is $$

Bringing back up the discussion of GStar durability in regards to the T3. The G T3 is as close as I have ever come to the sweet spot I loved in my PFN Star TeeBirds. So they have been seeing a lot of action, and I have seen no change in their flight or stability. I also use GLine PDs fairly heavily as well, and finally got around to cracking the rim on my first one. That one was taking a severe beating, so I have nothing but good things to say about that plastic in those molds.

How are them Heimburg Glow T3s flying?

I picked up a couple - haven't been able to rigorously test but they aren't as OS as my older Clow Champ T3 when they first came out - still high speed stable, but maybe straighter longer before the fade. Feels a lil different than my other glow T3's as well, but they are good. little flashing that I don't love though, it'll wear in and be $ im sure.

Are the stabilities in different plastics for t3s the as for tbs?

I picked up 1 Star T3 just because - it seemed to have more turn than my MF Champ and Champ Glows, still a T3 still same kinda flight...maybe a lil straighter and may wear in quicker. Overall all T3's I've thrown fly about the same - I haven't used G-star tho ive heard they have more turn. If you want it to wear in I'd say get a star - itll be nice and straight for a long time, Champs, especially max weight or MF are nice and stable/OS....overall T3 is a T3 I think

As you pointed out, and from what I have seen with my own MF T3, there is a significant difference in HSS between the GStar and MF.

I bag the GStar because I do not want excessive beef. I already have other discs for that. I want something I can throw at fairway power, which is about 70-80%, or the equivalent to about 310-350 feet for me, and it basically goes up and down the fairway with minimal fade or turn. My T3s have the slightest bit of turn, but that helps it from fading too much off target because its fade is recovering from that slight turn. I really have to get into it for it to actually flip. With the MFs, I essentially have to go all in if I want a level flight with a slight fade. At that point, it is ceasing to be a fairway driver and moving into control and distance. At that point, I like my Banshees better.

I am interested in hearing where the Star T3 falls in this spectrum.

I picked up 1 Star T3 just because - it seemed to have more turn than my MF Champ and Champ Glows, still a T3 still same kinda flight...maybe a lil straighter and may wear in quicker. Overall all T3's I've thrown fly about the same - I haven't used G-star tho ive heard they have more turn. If you want it to wear in I'd say get a star - itll be nice and straight for a long time, Champs, especially max weight or MF are nice and stable/OS....overall T3 is a T3 I think

I've seen mixed opinions on the MF vs Star stability comparison. My experience is limited to a pair of Stars I have, both 175. I find them to fly like a faster teebird :doh:. Very straight with fade. If the MF champs are, indeed, more OS in flight, I would like to bag one! :clap: I saw in B. Williams itb video that lusters are OS. I'd like one!

I'll say the mold is very comfortable and comes out fast and clean with ease. Workhorse worthy. I am pitting them against Undertakers, atm. I think the T3s might make the cut, but I do like the Undy mold.

TB3

I've seen mixed opinions on the MF vs Star stability comparison. My experience is limited to a pair of Stars I have, both 175. I find them to fly like a faster teebird :doh:. Very straight with fade. If the MF champs are, indeed, more OS in flight, I would like to bag one! :clap: I saw in B. Williams itb video that lusters are OS. I'd like one!

I'll say the mold is very comfortable and comes out fast and clean with ease. Workhorse worthy. I am pitting them against Undertakers, atm. I think the T3s might make the cut, but I do like the Undy mold.

I bag a first run MF TB3 and it is straight and has forward fade. I have not tried star yet. I also paired it with a glow TB3 which was more OS. Maybe try a glow tb3 for overstability.

One of the tourney videos referenced someone bagging a flatter run of the teebird3. What run was that if anyone knows?

Which plastic is the straightest?

I have a newer run of Star and its VERY straight - like, I was almost disappointed it didn't have an earlier fade/stronger fade. It may depend on run or the person throwing but I found the Star run with the disc name imprinted (or heat stamped) instead of ink written on the back fly REALLY straight

I have a very recent run MF TB3 which has the imprint of the disc name.

It is noticeably less OS than any previous TB3 I have thrown. It had a decent amount of dome for a "flat" disc. Very glidey and straight. Not what I expected, I thought it would have more headwind resistance. Though it doesn't not do exactly what I want it to do, it is a far flier straight our of the box, which is very useful.

One of the tourney videos referenced someone bagging a flatter run of the teebird3. What run was that if anyone knows?

All of them allegedly:

a15bnIh.png

Thanks Innova:D:doh:

All of them allegedly:

a15bnIh.png

Thanks Innova:D:doh:

Obnoxious, huh? Seems to me like they gave up on making flat "3" molds. I had a hard time finding any flat TL3s that weren't protostars, and haven't seen any truly flat T3s or the like outside of the McBeth tour series.

Obnoxious, huh? Seems to me like they gave up on making flat "3" molds. I had a hard time finding any flat TL3s that weren't protostars, and haven't seen any truly flat T3s or the like outside of the McBeth tour series.

Totally agree about the TL3s. Leo3s aren't exactly FAF, either...