• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] teebird t3

Just looking back at my whole disc collection at a glance, the only mold I have a bunch of that has never fallen in value has been any kind of teebird. I got 5. One to try, one for the wall/permanent collection, and a few to flip if and when they do go crazy. Or throw at some point if they never gain a lot.

My first thought on reading the description was new run CAL mold equivalents. Or an attempt at it. Probably beautiful for sidearm. I don't think anybody will get one for a few days to hear any reviews though, they said the orders don't ship til monday for some reason.

All the three molds have been a bit faster, right? Mayhaps this would follow suit? If it is like the roc 3 it maybe faster AND straighter...

lol they have really finally run out of ideas.

If this is running out of ideas, I'd love to see how much $ they would make with new ideas....

I think this is an amazing idea. Guarantee flat tops for one of the most beloved molds ever. Pair that with sick jolly launcher plastic and you have a VERY desirable fairway disc. Hence the sell put of 500 in one night.

Innova seemingly can do no right in today's market. They're recycling molds on the "3" series, they're copying other manufacturers on technology (MVP), they're consistency is awful, I could go on and on.

I think innova, while inconstant on some distance molds, continues to blow me away on their desire to keep improving their product line. G*Star was one of the most seamless releases of a new plastic in my time following disc golf. The molds have been nearly all perfect in that plastic and for that I :clap: them.

If this is running out of ideas, I'd love to see how much $ they would make with new ideas....

I think this is an amazing idea. Guarantee flat tops for one of the most beloved molds ever. Pair that with sick jolly launcher plastic and you have a VERY desirable fairway disc. Hence the sell put of 500 in one night.

Innova seemingly can do no right in today's market. They're recycling molds on the "3" series, they're copying other manufacturers on technology (MVP), they're consistency is awful, I could go on and on.

I think innova, while inconstant on some distance molds, continues to blow me away on their desire to keep improving their product line. G*Star was one of the most seamless releases of a new plastic in my time following disc golf. The molds have been nearly all perfect in that plastic and for that I :clap: them.

All of this :thmbup:

I'd be very interested to see a profile comparison of a JL TB with one of these new T3's. The JL birds I have don't have much dome at all, and the profile pic from DGV doesn't make the T3 look "pancake" flat.

It looks like it might have a thicker/blunter nose than other TBs.

My guess is that once in production these are going to be straighter flyers than the very overstable flat teebirds of old that we are used to yet still plenty overstable for anybody. I doubt they will be pumping these out with high wings like older flat teebirds/Brinsters. These should be awesome for teebird throwers who prefer the feel of stiff, flat teebirds. Assuming it will be released eventually, the E3X will be an amazing extra overstable compliment with the same speed, rim width, and stiff flat feel that will hopefully be in regular production. No more searching and paying 50-750% markups for stiff, flat champ eagles and teebirds that consistently fly the way one wants. Unless you want to anyway for the old look, feel, collectability, etc. They will probably even be in star or even g* sometime. SE3Xs and ST3s sound like great overstable flat top discs to start cycling if you're really into it. Awesome, welcome release for Innova.

Are they serious with their price on the proto star roc3's and I want one but I'll wait for the factory store to have them tomorrow.

I just got star r3 in the mail Thursday. 180g. I am thinking it might more over stable than my weak arm likes, but current 180 kc is loosing its fade. Never know till you throw it. Not sure if gonna put new kc or star on top of cycle. I think the gstar is available also. Haven't thrown r3 yet. I also got som kc pro rocs. The id pro is the firmer kc plastic if that's what u are looking for. It's firmer than kc on the shelf at my local shop. I think I saw the g star r3 in factory store also.

A production run of Teebirds that are similar to flat 11x CALs sounds tasty, but the pic looks far from flat to me. Too much shoulder to be truly low profile.

I do love my flat topped JL Gator though...

I'm very excited for these, but I have no problem waiting for the FSO August 1st to pick a few of these up. Definitely not paying extra now or thru the factory store if I can get one in my player's pack or even for $15 at the stands.

Got three in the mail today. First impression: They feel good in the hand. A bit of a higher shoulder when compared with an 11x, although they have the same flat/almost concave center/flight plate. Not as stiff as the recent run of flat/firm glowbirds. Also, they don't feel as shallow with that higher shoulder than the super flat/firm metal flake run from last year. Parting line height is somewhere between the flat/firm metal flake I have, and a fresh flat echo star (the older stamp, not the totem one).

Heres a linkhttp://imgur.com/a/9SqeP to some profile comparisons and some tasty shots of the disc itself. All the profile comparisons have the new T3 blue on the right compared to a fresh green echo, a black 11x, and a blue metal flake from the flat/firm batch.

Looks to be the same as mine, feels like 11x cal but the PLH is a tiny bit lower, and the shoulder curves a tiny bit more. Fits my hand better though. I got one with a black speck in the rim, think I will throw that one. All 5 of mine are marked 175, all weight 172.4 though.