• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Tell me about your Stag...

^^^ sweet thanks ill have to check one out .. i love it thus far but boy oh boy when she hooks up and starts fading it fades hard i love it lol .. had a shot over the weekend that honestly should have been crap i released it super low but down thing skipped about 6 times going down hill to park under the basket

Yeah, the Tourneys are what you want if you ever want a less drastic fade. I also have a max weight VIP that has the same HSS as the other VIPs I've thrown but with much less of a fade. It took me by surprise, but now that I've gotten used to it it's an interesting disc.

the heaviest I am seeing this disc is 175g which is pretty normal...has any one seen this disc in 176g or 177g?

I've seen a few 176s, but they're definitely not very common.

Community Discs and Marshall St have a few at 176 and 177, but they're in Tournament, which might counteract things stability-wise.

Been working in a VIP Stag lately. It is much more the disc I was expecting than the TP I have, which is flippy as an Underworld.

Almost aced with it today.

The stag is an awesome disc, as it is my go to driver for almost everything 300-350. The plastic got a bit gummy in desert heat, but aside from that its been quite nice. It holds a hyzer quite well and i wouldn't say it flies close to the numbers at all. Its more Eagle L, straight to fade. The fade can be pretty decent on it which is quite nice.

Dusted off the VIP Stag tonight - just so many discs, and not enough time to throw them all - saw I posted about a year ago about this Stag, but wow, did it impress me tonight. I was throwing lasers with it, which stood up to wind pretty well, and it bombed with tailwinds as well. It flew very much like a disc with 8,6,0,3 flight numbers. 171 grams.

Now that the honeymoon is over, I feel like i can confidently say that I'm part of the group that feels the Stag is closer to 8 5 0 2 or 8 6 -1 2.
I had a 169g and 175g. I lost the 169g one pretty early on, so I don't have too much to comment on the light ones.
Even with only 300 feet of backhand power, my 175g VIP feels Eagle-like at max power; doesn't fight out of annys or flex shots very well and really turns with some headwind, not like you'd expect from a disc with Fade 3.
The glide is real, though.
Powered down a little and the Stag is a little more predictable; it doesn't turn at all and comes back nicely.
I, of course, don't have flawless form, but I do know when I'm OATing; it could just be me.
I get great results treating it like an Eagle.

I am bagging 3 Stags now. A 174gm, 166gm, and a 163gm. This disc has become the work horse of my bag. From 270-330ft, depending on the hole of course, it is what I grab. I am NOT turning mine unless throwing into a straight headwind, and even then, they are predictable for me. The Stag is 5 times the disc, for me Personally, that ANY Eagle I have bagged ever was. Love me some Stag.

I use a 175 VIP Stag as both a stable fairway and a night disc, it is not nearly as OS as the numbers would suggest, I would rate mine an 8, 5, -1, 2. It behaves like a beaten up Z XL or Champ Eagle with a little more get up and go. It does not like power forehand rips at all, but powered down, it is money. I have had quite a few close calls in terms of getting an ace with this mold.

I'm going to Necrobump this thread because years later I'm still loving the Stag and even as my power has improved I can carve the course up with mine.

I have free in the bag at the moment, two Recycled one beat up one for turnovers, and a fresh one for s curve shots 330-375ish as well a a VIP that is a great straight to fade Teebird type disc. Even have a Stag Ace!

Who else still loves the Hiiden Hirvi?

Stag/Seer have been my fairway drivers for close to two seasons. My original one has found many trees and has really worked into an awesome turnover disc that doesn't come back and is also great for tailwinds. Have another two in the bag. One has seen some rounds but still fairly fresh and the other has seen mostly field throws. Great disc for BH and FH. Distance for my noodle arm is 290-310' consistent with the 325's+ starting to become more frequent. I've bounced around other areas of my bag but the Stag isn't going anywhere.

My latest VIP Stag is a huge success. Flies pretty close to what the numbers would suggest(compared to my first one, which I believe was a mis-labeled Underworld). Very confortable to grip and rip. Kind of slots in between the Saint and the Culverin.

I've owned 3 stags. All VIP max weight, yet all flew different. Nothing close to HSS 0, LSS 3. Really like the stamp, though.

I think the Seer is a little too flippy than I'd like so I might pick up a Stag soon. Even if I get a flippy Stag I won't mind b/c it might be the Seer Pro I'd like to have.

VIP Stag is definitely going to take some floggings to resemble a Seer Pro but it seems possible. Mine is basically a seasoned Star Eagle X off the shelf, like a -1, 3. Will definitely hold an anhyzer for a while before it fights back though, especially in the wind. It's got enough stability to fly straight with my sloppy FH though. Nearly got me an ace on its first round so I'm definitely giving it more time, lol.

Man, I love the Stag. On the courses I play being able to hit those S curve lines with regularity and accuracy is key and the Stag does it as well as anything.

Latest posts