• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Thanksgiving Day! Anyone playing today?

Played 45 holes with my dad today. It was an awesome way to spend Thanksgiving day.

I threw a round at grignon today, it was 60 degrees which is crazy for this time of year in wisconsin, I've never been able to play this late in shorts and teeshirt. It was crazy balls windy though. I had an AWFUL front 9 with 5 bogeys and one deuce but a good back 9 with 6 deuces and one bogey 4 (on a sort of par 4 hole). I'm glad I was able to putt myself together and finished with not a good score, but not completely terrible.

I was planning on playing a round with the family after Thanksgiving lunch.....but then we took a nap instead. Tomorrow it is!

Played a new course before going to my family dinner. I got shown around by some locals, good times. Cool course too, Stony Creek Metropark. Gotta get back there when the leaves are in, there were some tough looks I'd like another crack at.

yup, played 2 rounds today, playing 2 tomorrow and we have a turkey triples tourny on saturday

i love holidays

I made it out to the practice field today. Probably helped my game more than playing. Gonna get in 2 rounds tomorrow hopefully.

My family has decided that we are starting a new tradition on thanksgiving morning by going out to play Disc Golf. This morning we hit Disctractions @ Hueston Woods SP . We had a great time. I hit a deuce by banking my shot off a tree into the basket on 11. My son had a really nice deuce on 17. He threw a lazer thru the trees and parked. We had a great time and hopefully this will be a family tradition for years to come.

We had a group of thirteen, and played three rounds at Bakerview Park. Had a blast, and will definitely make it a new Thanksgiving tradition. We might look at even making it a regular tourny for next year!

Played Black Bear yesterday and got a call about a disc my buddy left on the course. Man's son told his father they had to call the number. I was so impressed that the son wanted to call that I told him to keep the Pro Leopard. There is hope for the future :thmbup:

I'm playing Harbin at noon. It's a mostly wide open course on a hill. It does have a 725' hole that even the top pros can't get in 3 most times. Holes 1,2,3,10,11,12 are somewhat redundant but it's well worth the 10 minute drive.

OUCH!!! 10 whole minutes!!! man I am jealous

I got to work at 830am like usual, and found that nobody was there. Upon further investigation, I learned that there was a short shift starting at 11. Played a terribly poor scoring round and still had at least 5 times more fun than I would have at work! :p

Yup, I played.
I drove down to DeLa and turned around when I saw the crowd. Nothing makes me shudder like parties of 15 throwing 30 feet.
Had an excellent Black Mouse round instead.

Played Black Bear yesterday and got a call about a disc my buddy left on the course. Man's son told his father they had to call the number. I was so impressed that the son wanted to call that I told him to keep the Pro Leopard. There is hope for the future :thmbup:

I was at black bear yesterday

I had to work at 7am this morning, but got off work at 1pm. I am about to head out for some approach and putting practice, and plan on hitting two courses tomorrow morning.

Latest posts