• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The 2014 Memorial Championship

Is the cut 50% plus ties? My son shot a 53 today to get to 60th place, tied with one other player.

It appears that way, yes.

Edit: maybe not.. MPO looks like goes to 62nd, but not everyone tied there made the cut.

The website shows him teeing off at 10:10 AM with 2 others in the 1st PRO MEN card to go tomorrow Allen!

Whew!!!!!!!!!!!!!! His granny had a stroke on Sunday and has been asking how he's doing. He called after his round and had a chance to talk with her on speaker phone. Not a dry eye in the room.

Anthony Barela (13 y/o) wins the Am tournament.

One might be inclined to say he won because he's a local. But he is a World Champ, in his division. And just won MA1 at the GCC last week. This kid must be fun to watch. Surely he'll be a top player in MPO, if he keeps this up.

One might be inclined to say he won because he's a local. But he is a World Champ, in his division. And won MA1 at the GCC last week. This kid must be fun to watch. Surely he'll be a top player in MPO, if he keeps this up.

He is going to be really, really good. He has gobs of natural talent, doesn't seem to be affect by pressure, and has nearly every shot in his repertoire.

Drew Gibson is 17. Good kid, excellent form, and can absolutely bomb. He's been sponsored by Innova for a year now.

Whew!!!!!!!!!!!!!! His granny had a stroke on Sunday and has been asking how he's doing. He called after his round and had a chance to talk with her on speaker phone. Not a dry eye in the room.

Best of luck to you guys!

Man I wish I could of made it down there, but at least a couple of my buddies killed it, both top ten in advanced. Shane Timberlake 3rd and Jason Oxsen 9th, way to represent 208 baby. Can't wait until you guys get back, so I can congratulate you guys.

Very sad news to pass along. Daniel Boe, one of our San Diego disc golfers who played in the MA1 division this week, died in an auto accident as he was driving back home early Friday morning. http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2014/feb/28/poway-man-el-centro-crash/

Daniel was universally beloved among our local players, a very kind and friendly gentle giant of a young man. He was everything you could ask for as a representative of the sport. He will be hugely missed in our community.

If you knew Daniel and are still in town for the tournament, stop by hole #1 at Fountain Hills at 10am on Saturday. I think some of his friends are planning a send-off for his spirit.