• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The 2014 Memorial Championship

That's been happening pretty quickly, too. They don't have any value in the collectible market, and you rarely hear their name on here. I can't imagine their hold on #2 in the market is as solidified as it once was, if they even still hold that place.

They sell 10 ultrastars for every golf disc sold. Pretty sure they'll be aight.

Never questioned their status as a company, just that their status in disc golf seems to be taking a pretty serious nose dive. Fully aware of their stranglehold on the Ultimate market.

That's been happening pretty quickly, too. They don't have any value in the collectible market, and you rarely hear their name on here. I can't imagine their hold on #2 in the market is as solidified as it once was, if they even still hold that place.

Don't have any value in the collectible market?? have you seen how much 1st run and 2nd first run buzzes go for lately?

I have, yeah. What about the rest? Memorial Nukes? 10 yr Buzzzes? Wasps? ESP Comets? Any of the LE molds? You go ahead and hold onto your "collectible" Discraft (unless it's all FR/2FR Buzzzes) and see what it's worth. I couldn't even sell an early Nuke not too long ago for what it costs to ship it. My last used current run KC Glow Flat Top Roc got $20.

Hell, Legacy is still pretty much in diapers as a company, and their market is thriving with very few molds.

I see where your coming from. I have seen some of the really old elite z stuff going for good money but the majority of the "collectable" stuff is not doing so hot.

The lack of collectable stuff is a huge ASSET for Discraft.

Don't you think Innova hates when someone pays $100 for a CE Leopard when they can buy 10 champion Leopards for the same price from them.

With the exception of the Buzzzes and Magnets, Discraft's consistency is the best thing about their product. But this consitency kills the collector market, which they truly don't give two craps about.

Don't you think Innova hates when someone pays $100 for a CE Leopard when they can buy 10 champion Leopards for the same price from them.

With the exception of the Buzzzes and Magnets, Discraft's consistency is the best thing about their product. But this consitency kills the collector market, which they truly don't give two craps about.

QFT.

With the exception of the Buzzzes and Magnets, Discraft's consistency is the best thing about their product. But this consistency kills the collector market, which they truly don't give two craps about.

It's great they don't give a crap about it, but it kills two markets that buy a ton of discs, the collectors and the run hoarders (which I'm a part of).

Discraft is a great disc manufacturer. They just aren't keeping pace with the other manufacturers in terms of product release though, and that is going to wind up turning them into Millennium and eventually Lightning if they're not careful.

It's great they don't give a crap about it, but it kills two markets that buy a ton of discs, the collectors and the run hoarders (which I'm a part of).

Discraft is a great disc manufacturer. They just aren't keeping pace with the other manufacturers in terms of product release though, and that is going to wind up turning them into Millennium and eventually Lightning if they're not careful.

Yeah right.

As long as arguably the 2nd best player ever and arguably greatest female ever still throws their product, they will be fine.

Yes it does, and it couldn't possibly matter less to them. They see none of the money from those markets. Beginners are an enormously larger piece of the market share than people who care about collectibles and specific runs. Even if that entire demographic stopped buying Discraft they'd be the second largest disc golf manufacturer by quite a bit.

Yeah right.

As long as arguably the 2nd best player ever and arguably greatest female ever still throws their product, they will be fine.

Nate's name on a bunch of molds in a plastic that was not at well-received and Elaine's (I would agree she's the female Champ) on nothing is a great marketing strategy. :\

I guess two of the top touring female pros (not to mention more) and most of their best known men on the team leaving and all but gutting their team was another big. Hopefully their young players develop into Nates and Elaines...and fast.

I'm not interested in arguing with you any more. I would be interested in hearing from store owners how well Discraft is selling compared to a year ago though. I wouldn't be surprised if they've lost a lot of steam.

Yes it does, and it couldn't possibly matter less to them. They see none of the money from those markets. Beginners are an enormously larger piece of the market share than people who care about collectibles and specific runs. Even if that entire demographic stopped buying Discraft they'd be the second largest disc golf manufacturer by quite a bit.

They don't see the second hand money, but someone had to buy the discs in the first place...

I haven't seen Discraft on shelves alongside Innova in the big stores. Discraft's attitude seems to be that of contentment. That isn't going to keep you in a business where your competition is pushing forward at a fast pace.

Last edited:
"I would be interested in hearing from store owners how well Discraft is selling compared to a year ago though."

Innova is still #1 by a large margin.

Discraft is still a distant second. Sales were stagnant or a little down last year.

Latitude 64 is currently third, but have been narrowing the gap over the past 2-3 years.

The rest of the brands we carry (Westside, Gateway, MVP, Discmania, DGA, Legacy, Prodigy, Vibram DD and Axiom) are far behind those three. For what it's worth, MVP/Axiom is probably leading this pack.

The new DGA Mach X baskets will make their debut at the Memorial this year.

"I would be interested in hearing from store owners how well Discraft is selling compared to a year ago though."

Innova is still #1 by a large margin.

Discraft is still a distant second. Sales were stagnant or a little down last year.

Latitude 64 is currently third, but have been narrowing the gap over the past 2-3 years.

The rest of the brands we carry (Westside, Gateway, MVP, Discmania, DGA, Legacy, Prodigy, Vibram DD and Axiom) are far behind those three. For what it's worth, MVP/Axiom is probably leading this pack.

Thank you for the insight.

The new DGA Mach X baskets will make their debut at the Memorial this year.

I saw this. I'm interested to see how the top dogs react to how they catch. Maybe it'll be the end of cut throughs in the upper echelon of DG?:|

hey there are a few good roller holes mixed in there at Vista!

btw if anyone is looking for someone to share a room @ 3palms PM me, I have a room there booked already. Nothing better than staying on the course(and across from Dukes!)

hey there are a few good roller holes mixed in there at Vista!

btw if anyone is looking for someone to share a room @ 3palms PM me, I have a room there booked already. Nothing better than staying on the course(and across from Dukes!)

Luke is a solid guy, and was gracious enough to host me and a friend in Vegas during the GCC. Hope you are well bro.

Tee times!

Gotta get my dad to the course by 7:46
Then I get a nap/breakfast/lunch, until 12:42

Just a few more days and we're on the road!