• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The 25th Annual Memorial Championship

Lol yes there was. Especially from nikko, he was standing by me after he just finished his round and talking sh@t. If i didnt already know he is a loser i would have been shocked by how he was talking about other players.

Maybe out of all these kids and there highschool drama one of them will act like a professional........maybe

These guys need to learn to just let there game do the talkin and shut the hell up and throw.

Any dirt on Feldberg? How'd he take the loss?

I think the only thing I would change about the DGPTV commentary is to tell the producer on site to tell John and Dave that one of them does the color and the other does the play-by-play. I would have John say things like "Ricky just put his drive 15 foot from the pin" Dave would then say "Ricky played the wind with his overstable driver and played it out to the right to avoid the OB.
" John would then say "Will is next on the tee" Dave - "Will likes to throw a midrange from this distance" John - "Will puts it 25 short" Dave - "That is in Will's range should be an easy 2"

They have not after 30 hours together figured out how to avoid talking at the same time. It is not their fault, they need to be told what they are to be. Look at Al Michaels and Chris Collingsworth, Al says that is a 10 yard gain by the running back, Chris says the key to that run was a good trap block by #43.

You can't have 2 announcers with vague roles. Do not blame the announcers (unless they know this are still doing it).

I have seen this at almost every level (I use to work in the field and have worked with announcers from the NBA (regional and they know their roles) on down to High School sports productions) The on site producer needs to be the bad guy once in a while.

That's a great point. I never thought about how the interplay works for these other broadcasts, but thinking back, there is always one "fact guy" and one guy who gives the why,how,technique,strategy side.

Any dirt on Feldberg? How'd he take the loss?

As usual... when he's playing great, he's happy and saying all kinds of good things. When he's playing poorly like in round 2, he blamed everything but himself. He walked right up to make bashing his Latitude XXX for not skipping on #13 when he clearly came up short and hit a patch a grass on the up slope. It stuck like any other disc, but of course it was a Latitude failure. By then end of the last round, he was happy as always and in love with his new plastic.

Everyone freaking out over Prodigy makes me laugh.

They were playing in wide open fields – you give me 30 min to figure out brand new discs I've never heard of or thrown and I would be fine. It's hyzers people.

And beyond that, they still are only throwing 2 of their own discs and many others from other companies.

The true test of these players will be once the full line of discs come out and they go into the woods. That's a whole new ball game.

Last edited:
Team Prodigy has a HUGE advantage over every other sponsored player. They can throw whatever discs they want! They are not limited. They can pick their fav putter, mid, fairway, drivers, etc regardless of make!

McBeast can't throw a D1 even if he wanted to! Can't putt with wizards either. No Buzzz in his bag.

My level of respect for Paul has went up even further after his round...

Paul does not need prodigy crap!! He will do great this year and hopefully make these prodigy kids shut the blank up. Go Paul smash these fools all year!!! I'm glad everyone left innova more for Paul!!

I am just glad there is finally a team in the game. This will help.
Innova never gave enough to these players to make them root for
one another. Now with this new company Prodigy - it seems there
is a team effort to further the game.

I am just glad there is finally a team in the game. This will help.
Innova never gave enough to these players to make them root for
one another. Now with this new company Prodigy - it seems there
is a team effort to further the game.

What is this "team" idea going to help??

From day 1, Prodigy has this team first mentality rather than a consumer first mentality. I have yet to hear anyone from Prodigy talk about how this disc line is going to help the average player improve their game. They've chosen names that are boring and not consumer friendly. And their team celebration at the end of the Memorial had a very cliquey feel to it. Furthering this us-against-the-world mentality. Tell me how this is going to help them sell discs and actually earn a living?

So if I'm reading the results correctly, the highest-rated woman in the world beat her own rating 4 rounds straight, and lost by 11 strokes.

So if I'm reading the results correctly, the highest-rated woman in the world beat her own rating 4 rounds straight, and lost by 11 strokes.

Jenkins is the #2 in the world.

Cat Allen/Ulibarri was #1 at the last ratings update. She didn't have a great tournament.

Paige was pretty unbeatable and will probably be #1 in the world soon.

Did anyone else think it was pretty impressive that throughout all the coverage I don't recall hearing Discraft (the title sponsor of the event) mentioned at all?

Hey Chuck on those lists where it says rounds and has the number listed is that just in 2012 or what time period is that in?

Hey Chuck on those lists where it says rounds and has the number listed is that just in 2012 or what time period is that in?

It's the number of rounds included in the rating. For numbers that high, the time period is 12 months back from the most recent tournament included.

Ganz was in AZ at the Memorial and hasn't update the tables for yearend.

The number of rounds for the World Ranking ratings is actually 2012 only for yearend World Rankings and only includes B-tiers and higher for North Amrican players. There's no recent 25% of their rounds double weighted. That's why the ratings in World Rankings are sometimes a few points different from their PDGA player rating.