• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The 450' Barrier breaking my will

Discahol1c

I can regularly throw 400' with accuracy, and i i really pump it out there i can get to 450-460, I know that this is great distance and i should be content with it, but **** that. I really want to be the guy on the course that can bomb the disc, even if it means i can't putt or upshot but i'm still working on those too. The main thing that i can see is that it doesn't look like im using my hips all that much and im dipping down very low toward the release point.

I'm headed out to the field in about an hour so i can get some more angles if needed.

VIDEO - http://gfycat.com/SpectacularBlindHarpyeagle

Distances
Putters - (Ion) - 325'
Midranges - (KCP Roc) - 350'
Fairways - (KCP Teebird) - 380-400'
Distances - (StarDestroyers) - 430-460'

then why does it matter if you can throw further than 400'?

It doesn't. But he didn't ask how he can be a world champion. People come to this part of the forum to improve on any part of their game.

then why does it matter if you can throw further than 400'?

Because it's fun to throw far? Because throwing a 400' hyzer requires a lot more than 400' of power?

Some people like good scores, some people like putting really well, some people just want to make things go far or perfect their form. Some people want all of those things.

Pause the video at the back of the back-swing.

Weight is way behind you. Not good for acceleration. Backswing upright, guide the disc in and then accelerate.

Seems like right now it's a pretty uniform speed, instead of loading and then unleashing.