• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Ask MJ & Comet Love Thread

Just took delivery of these two beautiful titanium comets so guess I'll see how they throw this week!

They look great and feel great, here's hoping they fly great as well (actually my first Ti disks)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 104
How are you liking the new Jawbreaker plastic, MJ? Will you be replacing your D-Bangers with Jawbreaker ones?
I'm loving it with Challengers and Zones. Any idea if they're doing Ringers or Putt'rs in the future?

Only messed with the bangers in jawbreaker so far. I like that it is in between the d and soft plastic feel. Maybe my d banger in the bag will become a jawbreaker at some point. And I am not sure what they are planning to make in that plastic

A comet love thread? I must join in!!

My "home course" is a fairly short but very tight course. My comets get thrown for just about every hole there. Hell I find reason to throw a comets on just about any course I play. Such a great disc! The comet is the one disc I make sure to loan to anyone new to the sport too. How Discraft doesn't include into their starter pack is beyond me. But then again I'm not a huge buzz fan. Comet and then if I need something more stable I'll reach for a wasp.

Here's a quick question though. How are the titanium comets compare to the current Z comets and Big Z comets? The Big Z seem a little more stable then the regular Z to me. The Ti any more stable then the big Z?
For me the titanium are more stable than the rest of the comets. Big z and z are similar, big z will break in faster

As a new player with developing form, I have heard I should play 1 disc rounds with my new X-Comet to improve form and control

It should show form/OAT issues ?

Is this theory accurate?

Yes, it shows problems with your form and gives good feedback for when you get it right

thank you, MJ!

Looking forward to seeing you and Mcbeth compete on the wooded courses in 2017, since he is apparently moving back east

Good luck, and have a great season in 2017!

You know I received a 175 z comet in a misprint pack and threw it alongside my 180 glo comet to see if there was a big difference. I can throw my glo dead straight to 300 flat, and when i threw it on a 300ft dow hill shot it gave me a nice S (very stable). My z comet, however would turn at about 260 unless I gave it some hyzer.

What I obviously notice is that my glo comet is very domey whereas my z is flat to slightly concave. Is this a common feature of z comets? I bag the glo to complement my pin ghosts but i dont want to carry 2 comets due to space. Plus its snowy outside so i dont want to throw my white glo until it dries up.

I've been trying out at 167g ESP Comet lately. I've played a few rounds with it as my main midrange so far. I've only used it on shots up to 260ft. Great disc. I'm most comfortable when throwing on a slight hyzer or more. And this disc is perfect for those kinds of throws. It just floats and floats. Very predictable turn and fade. I love it in the woods, which is all the courses that I play.

How much would I need to beat in a Cryztal Comet in order for it to expose my form issues both FH and BH. I think that it will already expose my FH issues but I'm not a Discraft/form expert.

You know I received a 175 z comet in a misprint pack and threw it alongside my 180 glo comet to see if there was a big difference. I can throw my glo dead straight to 300 flat, and when i threw it on a 300ft dow hill shot it gave me a nice S (very stable). My z comet, however would turn at about 260 unless I gave it some hyzer.

What I obviously notice is that my glo comet is very domey whereas my z is flat to slightly concave. Is this a common feature of z comets? I bag the glo to complement my pin ghosts but i dont want to carry 2 comets due to space. Plus its snowy outside so i dont want to throw my white glo until it dries up.

They have a tendency of making both domey runs and flat runs of discs. The domey runs of comets are normally a little more stable

How much would I need to beat in a Cryztal Comet in order for it to expose my form issues both FH and BH. I think that it will already expose my FH issues but I'm not a Discraft/form expert.

Right off the bat it would probably show issues with forehand form. Crystal's probably will take a bit of breaking in to show things backhand, except for late releases. Won't take you long though

Thanks MJ. Just wondering, have you thrown any molds from your fellow touring pros that you'd like to see discraft make? Does not having a stable "speed 12" make a difference for you since you throw a wider rim nuke and crank? I guess a force would compare to a destroyer, however even if destroyers are beefy id argue they're more stable than overatable.

Thanks MJ. Just wondering, have you thrown any molds from your fellow touring pros that you'd like to see discraft make? Does not having a stable "speed 12" make a difference for you since you throw a wider rim nuke and crank? I guess a force would compare to a destroyer, however even if destroyers are beefy id argue they're more stable than overatable.

Forces are plenty over stable enough.. MJ bags z forces or atleast 1 pinky

I don't really throw much of the really wide rim stuff. Only bring them in for certain types of courses and conditions. Biggest rim I normally carry is the crank

The softer plastic is what I have been wanting to use for quite a while. I prefer using it for my putting style

Is that why Discraft started making Ringers in Soft X? Do you and Nate get hit up by the factory for input on new runs, molds, plastic blends, etc?

Finally read the whole thread! Awesome stuff. I really appreciate the relationship us chumps get to have with someone ranked #7!

That said, any word yet on MJ stamped Comets?

Finally read the whole thread! Awesome stuff. I really appreciate the relationship us chumps get to have with someone ranked #7!

That said, any word yet on MJ stamped Comets?

Damn that's a lot of reading. Must be cold where you are. It's to much fun keeping this thread going on here.

As far as the comets go I usually don't do them until around April