• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Ask MJ & Comet Love Thread

looking forward to watching MJ play at Huk Central in May, my 11 year old son and I have some Discraft Discs that need an MJ on them :)

btw the EsP Comet is now an invaluable part of my bag- fantastic/controllable disc for straight shots and turnovers

I have a question for my fellow Cometeers:
Did Discraft ever make Fly-Dyed TP Comets? Or is it only X Comets that were Fly-Dyed?
I bought two Comets this weekend. Based on the stamps (one Saturn stamp and one 1999 RR World champ stamp) I'm assuming they are TP plastic. The RR stamp is Fly-Dyed.
thanks in advance!

There were definitely dyed comets prior to x plastic's existence.

Normally just a little less stable, but not much. Biggest difference is that big z will break in faster than z

Cool thanks. I may grab one just cause the stamp is so cool and I really like Big Z plastic but sounds like regular Z will go better with an X Comet.

Wish I would have found the Comet 5 years ago!

MJ, do you plan on playing the DGPT Idlewild Open? A Comet comes in handy on that course!

Cool thanks. I may grab one just cause the stamp is so cool and I really like Big Z plastic but sounds like regular Z will go better with an X Comet.

If you are looking for a more stable z comet, get the ones that are domey and stiff

If you are looking for a more stable z comet, get the ones that are domey and stiff

Does Glo Z Comets follow the general rule that glow plastic is more stable?

I was using a Big Z and ESP comet, the Big Z for straighter, and the ESP for shots that had to turn. Then I yanked an approach over and my Big Z glided deep into the lake. I tried replacing it with a new Big Z, but it was a little too flippy, when to a normal Z and I like how that is behaving itself a little better.

I would like one that would flex out of an anny easier, but maybe I should be looking at a Buzzz or Wasp for that throw?

Does Glo Z Comets follow the general rule that glow plastic is more stable?

I was using a Big Z and ESP comet, the Big Z for straighter, and the ESP for shots that had to turn.

That is interesting because I use the ESP for straighter shots and my Big Z for shots with more turn. Perhaps your ESP is just really beat in?

That is interesting because I use the ESP for straighter shots and my Big Z for shots with more turn. Perhaps your ESP is just really beat in?

Not really. In my very limited experience, I've found the ESP to be more understable.

My one experience is the ESP Comet and my ESP Archer (2016 Ace Race). My Z Archer is a touch more stable.

You looking forward to playing Idlewild Open? I figure that course is right up your alley, how do you think it will hold up against the best?

You looking forward to playing Idlewild Open? I figure that course is right up your alley, how do you think it will hold up against the best?
From what I remember of it, I believe it will do very well against the players that will show up

Latest posts