• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Ask MJ & Comet Love Thread

If you get the Discraft newsletter, there are going to be production(sounds like it but maybe just for their website) runs of NEW blend Titanium and NEW Swirl ESP Comets sometime in the Spring.

Have to see how those turn out. The plastic is already available for other molds.

Right on, that would be awesome. I know the comet can end up totally different depending on the plastic (esp = flat) (elite x + big z = domey). Maybe jawbreaker just doesn't mold up well?

Glow Z has been pretty flat in my experience, Z moderate dome and ESPs I have had both high dome and flat.. Traded my high domes off and kept the flats. Got a real weird ESP that's like a hybrid between it and Z it's like a grippy Z with a year of wear... love it!

MJ - are you going to bag any of the new swirl ESP or Ti Mantis being released? If so, how do you think they differ from Z/bigZ/glow etc.?

Also, what do you typically use for a roller disc? I tried a Z heat to roll with but would still prefer something a little flippier (Legacy Mongoose is my preferred roller right now)

MJ - are you going to bag any of the new swirl ESP or Ti Mantis being released? If so, how do you think they differ from Z/bigZ/glow etc.?

Also, what do you typically use for a roller disc? I tried a Z heat to roll with but would still prefer something a little flippier (Legacy Mongoose is my preferred roller right now)

Not sure on the new stuff, I have to try it all out and see how it goes.
As far as rollers go, I use a Mantis more than anything as a roller. Loner range ones I have been using a thrashed or I go to esp nukes and cranks

With the new Ti and apparently ESP comets (almost) available, what flavor according to the current Comet zeitgeist is the most stable/OS?

MJ - I think you are going to really love the courses at the Rumble, assuming you haven't played them before. Camden II was made for you. Make sure to bring several (I'm serious, like an extra 10) Forces/Machetes for West Lake Park though. Tons of water and big hyzer shots and I believe you will play there twice, somewhat unfortunately, as there are tons of great courses in that area.

I won't be playing this year, as I have a wedding that Saturday, but hope to come watch on Sunday!

With the new Ti and apparently ESP comets (almost) available, what flavor according to the current Comet zeitgeist is the most stable/OS?

I haven't thrown any of the newer ones just yet. Will have to get back to you after I try them out

MJ - I think you are going to really love the courses at the Rumble, assuming you haven't played them before. Camden II was made for you. Make sure to bring several (I'm serious, like an extra 10) Forces/Machetes for West Lake Park though. Tons of water and big hyzer shots and I believe you will play there twice, somewhat unfortunately, as there are tons of great courses in that area.

2 Courses on my Faves List :)

West Lake IS a Disceater

Those are looking smooth and swirly! Gonna have to get my hands on a couple. Let us know how they fly! Are the Ti comets releasing at the same time as the ESP?

Last edited:
Those are looking smooth and swirly! Gonna have to get my hands on a couple. Let us know how they fly! Are the Ti comets releasing at the same time as the ESP?

I'm not sure on them both releasing at the same time. The esp blend ones, which will be the tour series plastic will be released at bowling green Ams I believe.

These ones I have fly sweet. More stable than normal esp ones and can handle some pop and power.

I'm not sure on them both releasing at the same time. The esp blend ones, which will be the tour series plastic will be released at bowling green Ams I believe.

These ones I have fly sweet. More stable than normal esp ones and can handle some pop and power.

MJ, do you think they will be available at the flymart at the Bowling Green Ams?

I'd love to have some more ESP comets that are similar to my LE ESP Comets.

Tried any of the new a Ti or ESP Mantises?

Latest posts