• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Ask MJ & Comet Love Thread

Was just watching the myrtle beach coverage, noticed nukes have been hanging out in the bag more these days. Is that a result of the scorch taking other slots?

As a broader follow up, when putting together a lineup what slots/shots do you always have covered, and what do you take into consideration filling out a bag for a tournament?

Anyone else throw an Icon Series yet? BEEF

Been loving mine. It's a good middle of the road between my light Z/LE-ESP ones, and my heavy Big-Z one. A slight bit more turn than the Cryztal Sparkle Ledgestone one I've got.

I do wish I could find one that had more of the traditional Comet dome to it, though. Every one of the Icon Series ones I've seen has been pretty near flat-top, just with a taller shoulder than the LE ESP flat-tops.

Had an error trying to upload these before, but had to show it off :)
Haha dang they came out sideways. Ah well.

Nice Ace- Jealous of that Comet! I have a Big Z Buzzz in that same color combo. It is freaking gorgeous IRL. My absolute favorite! Must be charmed.

Nice Ace- Jealous of that Comet! I have a Big Z Buzzz in that same color combo. It is freaking gorgeous IRL. My absolute favorite! Must be charmed.

It's incredibly stable for a Comet. Basically zero Turn, but will hold strait for days and a fairly reliable fade at the end. Throws like a slightly seasoned Buzzz with more glide.

(I am mourning the loss of my aqua-blue MJ signature Comet, which he was nice enough to autograph for me...It was left at Eager Beaver near hole 16's tee. If anyone finds it, I'll pay for it...)
Not really expecting to get it back, but it's on my mind, so I thought I'd mention it. My name and number are on the rim, but it's probably pretty faded.

Hope you're doing well, everyone. Comets rule.

Last edited:
Oh, I thought this thread was for MJ Gager. My mistake. :)

I would sure love to see an MJ & MJ mixed doubles team!!
(That would also be a great NC & VA combo!)

Are you playing much Sunday Doubles at Brackett's Bluff these days?

MJ have you gotten to put the DGLO UV Comets through their paces? I haven't thrown any UV plastic mids from Discraft, wondering where these might fall on the Comet stability spectrum.