• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Ask MJ & Comet Love Thread

i hate that hole so much lol ... dont even really know why since im usually all about some right turn but this one just drives me nuts lol

These types are tough for me, since w/ a RHBH turnover, you gotta have it flatten out enough not to roll away....which is exactly what happened the day I played there. And since the landing area is around the corner to the right, and there's a row of hedges along the parking lot, I didn't see it roll or anything. So, I spent like 30 minutes looking for my disc, before I finally found it across the parking lot in the wood line. LOL:doh:

that sounds about right for that hole. it can drive you bonkers being a righty backhander

i enjoy mars hill! there are some new ones out there that i havent played yet, so its kind of a dated favorite. havent played up that way in a few years unfortunately

Mars Hill is bonkers, and having it all over a college campus sort of harkens back to the roots of the game.

Everybody loves Richmond Hill, and don't get me wrong it's a nice course, well taken care of, and in a beautiful setting, but when I go up there I feel like it's a combination of Stumpy Creek and Reedy Creek, a lot of holes like Charlotte holes.

Mj- What did you do with all your old Innova plastic? Please don't say PP has it.

i gave it away or sold it to people who would throw it. Got a stack of a few things i liked! Also they are great for playing fetch with my dog

ALso would you rather play a DiscRoast type of event or your standard PDGA event?

thats a tough one, guess it would have to be pdga event. Dont know if i would survive 30 roasts a year!!! But i have to have my fun non sanctioned stuff in there

it holds up quite well, he's got a 2nd run firebird he's been playing with for over a year!

I suppose I could dream up a pile of questions for you, but mostly I want to thank you for being such a positive force in the world of disc golf. You are one of my two favorite pros to watch play.
If you make it out to Santa Cruz, beer's on me.

it holds up quite well, he's got a 2nd run firebird he's been playing with for over a year!

you had to go there.

next question
what was the toughest transition from Innova to Discraft? putting, midrange, drivers, overall confidence in disc

you had to go there.

next question
what was the toughest transition from Innova to Discraft? putting, midrange, drivers, overall confidence in disc

i did have to go there for ya, buddy!
finding a putter i liked and had confidence in! Ecspecially since they had nothing like the rhyno when i switched. The rest was just sorting thru all of the discraft line up and seeing what i liked. It did take me quite a while to get comfy with stuff though, it wasnt easy, but it gave me a new outlook on golf

I suppose I could dream up a pile of questions for you, but mostly I want to thank you for being such a positive force in the world of disc golf. You are one of my two favorite pros to watch play.
If you make it out to Santa Cruz, beer's on me.

I thank you for that!!! Hopefully i'll make it out there to play and get a beer :)