• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Ask MJ & Comet Love Thread

Go to duffy's place. Alpine ski in charlotte. He has a damn good selection of most everything

Nice man. I help everyone out at the Alpine Ski Center in Johnson City, TN.

They said if it wasn't for me they would not know the things they know now about disc golf.

I have been wanting to check out that store in Charlotte. I come that way during the Nascar Race.

Playing the Hickory Classic that weekend. Cant miss it, its the only event i haveplayed every year

Hey Mj

i've been primarily forearm on drives, but i'm nursing a sore tendon. decided to work my backhand and drop the forehand drives for a couple months. went out and bought a 176 z comet after hearing all the talk about how it helps keep your form honest.

after mixing it up in the field with some buzzes i'm pretty happy and will probably bag it for my next round.

it seems to fly fairly straight when released flat with a subtle fade to about 270. when i try to lock my wrist out i can turn it over with a flat release to fight back @ 250-260. hyzer flip ends up 270 with hyzer finish. i can't really throw consistant annies, working on it. love the glide and the slow turn!!

without seeing my form, is there anything i should be watching out for or really trying to focus on? what are those form flaws that the comet can reveal? suggestions for working the annies?

i know this is a super vague question, but i find that having some big concepts to work with is always helpful for me.

...i've been skimming through your thread and there's tons of good info in there. !! i'll start by looking deeper into the comet 'archives'!!

MJ,

I love the Ringer. I am FH dominant and use it as my driving putter and main upshot disc. I often wonder why Discraft has not produced this disc in a premium plastic? The Pro D plastic does not always stand up to the test of being thrown off the tee in the durability department like its premium plastic counter parts.

With that said, do you know if Discraft ever plans to release a Limited or Production run of Elite-Z or ESP Ringers?

Lastly, do you have any desire for Discraft to produce a premium plastic Ringer?

Thanks for your time, disc on!

With that said, do you know if Discraft ever plans to release a Limited or Production run of Elite-Z or ESP Ringers?

Can't speak to the rest of your post, but they did produce a small run of Z Ringers for Dion Arlyn (I think). They're out there, but they won't be cheap or easy to find.

MJ,

I love the Ringer. I am FH dominant and use it as my driving putter and main upshot disc. I often wonder why Discraft has not produced this disc in a premium plastic? The Pro D plastic does not always stand up to the test of being thrown off the tee in the durability department like its premium plastic counter parts.

Lastly, do you have any desire for Discraft to produce a premium plastic Ringer?

Thanks for your time, disc on!

Hey Jax have you checked out the DGA Breaker? Supposed to be a modified ringer I think and it's out now in premium plastic

Might look into those suggestions. Thanks guys. Tbird if you have any leads on any of those Z Ringers let me know!

MJ, I finally got to pay Brackett's Bluff today and, man, I was not prepared. Not a tree went unscathed. And that's a lot of trees. Is there a video around of you playing that course properly? I'd love to see how it should be done.

I do see how if I was better with the Comet it would come in handy. Low and straight is definitely what you need there.

Might look into those suggestions. Thanks guys. Tbird if you have any leads on any of those Z Ringers let me know!

I know nothing about them except what I posted unfortunately. :(

I would say your best bet would be to build up a lot of PayPal and put up a Wanted thread in the Marketplace.