• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The best disc golf experience possible.

Next flying/dg adventure...Stoney Hill. But where the heck do I land?

Newberry County Airport is 13 miles away. Not sure what you're flying (or, specifically, how much runway you want). If you get that far, we'll get you the rest of the way.

Weren't you the one who came to Stoney Hill on the day after MY knee surgery?

I think so, but it wasn't just me, myself and four others :|!

edit: speaking of others ^ :D

Well, it's about time one of you guys taking advantage of crippled old men, got your comeuppance!. Yay, Kelly.

I laughed, I cried (well, laughed till I cried). Nicely written young Connor, you've entertained the people...assignment complete. Here are my thoughts on a disc golf experience to remember...cliff notes version:

Connor's a great road trip companion and ok co-pilot...very thoughtful not to spew on me or the avionics. An average man would be dead now.

NGCT is a fantastic course...kudos to Keith Johnson on the design...5 star. Go play it! I desperately need a chicken coup at Flyboy.

Connor failed to mention, an old man, almost 3X his age, just off knee surgery, took his money on the course. Although, the kid can crush a Prodigy D1.

In the end....it's all about the experience.

Kelly

Nice . . . If you want a change of pace . . . fly your way to WI and I'll take care of the rest! Heck bring Connor and David Sauls along!

Matematically speaking Lakeside would still be Numero Uno. No clue if it is/isn't better than Flyboy, I haven't played Lakside. Flyboy got RIP'd just before I wrote my review. It's the best course I've ever played.

Yeah, but how many more five disc reviews would Flyboy have gotten by now if it had stayed on this site? Somebody is going to review Lakeside lower then 5 discs one of these days.

Wait a minute. If Kelly can offer flights FROM Flyboy, he can offer flights TO Flyboy. What would be more stylish than climbing out of the plane and walking to the tee? Of course, at that point this site would have to allow a rating of "7".

In a perfect world...I'd be all over it David! I do want to fly up to Stoney Hill though and play your course. If you'll pick me up in Newberry, I'll buy lunch!

Actually, what I never mentioned, is Connor won Flyboy Aviation disc golfer of the year award for 2012 (Brad Orman won the last 2 years in a row). "The best disc golf experience possible" was part of the package, along with sponsorship to BWG Ams, and his pick of Prodigy discs off the rack in the Pro Shop. I give the award annually to....well....anyone I decide I want to give it to. "It's good to be da King".

Kelly

Kelly, Connor and Keith Johnson are all stand up guys! Wish I never left GA. What a sport we have. I have GA on my mind.

Kade

In a perfect world...I'd be all over it David! I do want to fly up to Stoney Hill though and play your course. If you'll pick me up in Newberry, I'll buy lunch!

It's a deal.

In the meantime, we're going to have to buckle down and get ourselves to Flyboy. Perhaps in May, when the dust clears from The Stoney Hill Challenge.

I laughed, I cried (well, laughed till I cried). Nicely written young Connor, you've entertained the people...assignment complete. Here are my thoughts on a disc golf experience to remember...cliff notes version:

Connor's a great road trip companion and ok co-pilot...very thoughtful not to spew on me or the avionics. An average man would be dead now.

NGCT is a fantastic course...kudos to Keith Johnson on the design...5 star. Go play it! I desperately need a chicken coup at Flyboy.

Connor failed to mention, an old man, almost 3X his age, just off knee surgery, took his money on the course. Although, the kid can crush a Prodigy D1.

In the end....it's all about the experience.

Kelly

Thanks Kelly!! - Coming from you, that REALLY means something......Glad you came out and enjoyed it -You'll have to come back when the "river of Mulch" is done and the leaves are changing......Better yet, I'll put this out there now for you to have time to plan........I'll cover your entry into the OCT Event I'm running there - AND.....I'll put you and your family or anyone else you want to bring to NGCT and put you up in the TeePees for the weekend of the Event (not as glamorous as your place, but still pretty nice!).
Look forward to actually getting to see you again one day,

Keith

For those curious golfers out there, this is how todays action (3rd SUN Doubles)went......

‎42 players (New record!!) came out today to NGCT.
Several first time players and several "only played once a while ago" players.
7 of the 21 teams got paid with 9 strokes separating the top 16 teams and only 5 strokes separating the 7 cashing spots.

1st place $150 Austin / Matt Versola - 48
2nd place $80 Bryan H. / Brad Bowman - 50
3rd place $55 Andrew / Nick - 51
3rd place $55 David / Jim Corder - 51
5th place $30 Edge / Brad Brundage - 52
5th place $30 Gabe / Tokio - 52
7th place $10 Tim E / Jody - 53
7th place $10 Tim R / Keith - 53

The ace fund will be at $266 at the next SUN doubles on APRIL 21st - when the course celebrates it's 2 year anniversary (opened April 9th, 2011)!

Hopefully we will see everyone again next month at NGCT!!
Keith

Postscript.

As dreamt of above, Kelly and a friend flew into Newberry County Airport and were our guests at Stoney Hill yesterday. A great treat and honor for Chris and me.

Latest posts