• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Best disc no one throws

My buddy just lost his star sl the other day

I'll throw SLs all day long if it isn't windy. I love them. I'd vote for that disc or its beefier brother, the FL. I never caught the Firebird bug, but I tried out an FL and enjoyed it.

I've been driving a Timberwolf on most of my tee shots that aren't uber-long downhill shots.
For me, this disc turns quite a lot but does fade back a bit, overall pretty straight. Good disc.

The two that I throw that always turn heads are the 150 flick and the XS. People always look at me funny when I tell them it's just and XS.

CHEERS - Koffee

What's your thoughts on it?

Buddy and I discussed it during doubles tonight, and through PMs with brotherdave it made me think more.

My thought was a XS, no ones even heard of one here and none of the shops even carry it. Always thought it was a decent wider feeling Valk that I just never put in my bag.

One answer that came up is a Gateway Apache, another guy said Viking. I've seen people here with Vikings in the bag, but neither of the other 2.

That's funny cause I have a Gateway Apache and every time I've thrown it I have really liked it, but I don't keep it in my bag and have only thrown it about 6 times.

I don't see many Impacts. But they are my favorite approach disc.

Just throw me a friggin' bone, wouldya? :p

dog-bone.jpg

I threw one a couple of times, it wasn't that bad actually. :)

WTH is a t-bone? You guys and Christy have some of the strangest discs. I found myself ordering a River last night, based on everyone's reviews and Bill's name for it's roots. It sounds like a disc I may have been looking for to add to the bag.

Dragon? I see a lot of people throwing it and I don't think it's "the best" in any category either.
I think a fair number of beginners buy the Dragon since they're cool looking (bright colors, cool logo, "floats on water"), but unfortunately, most are soon told that it's a junk disc by "veterans."

IMO, it's a great disc for beginners or girls/kids to get a good amount of distance from... or for more experienced players who are playing 3+ rounds in a day and want to save their shoulder a bit. I use it routinely on uphill shots, water shots, and some tail wind drives. It flies pretty straight glides forever on most shots. Like pretty much any driver, the key is just keeping the nose angled down a bit on the release.

I think it's also a very underrated disc due to durability. It has the durability of Innova champ/star plastics - yet DX pricetag. You will burn through a half dozen DX Valks or Beasts before your Dragon used the same amount even begins to show signs of wear. I've skipped it off trees, fences, gravel or paved pathes, etc with probably less dings than even a champ. Dragons are a pretty weird polymer... seems to have the champ texture but be a bit more flexible and even less damage prone ('bend don't break' maybe?).

I just picked up a Latitude 64 Medius. Chucked it for a couple rounds yesterday and was really impressed. I have never seen anyone use one before, but based on one day I don't know why. Nice stable mid with great glide, and an easy rim to grip.