• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The best part of winter golf

Cept for when you accidently throw on too much of a hyzer and it goes right through the ice.

I was hoping the pond at Stafford Woods had ice on it Sunday morning. On hole 7 it's fun to throw them low and let them slide across and hopefully get near the basket!

I played an ice bowl last year after heavy snow had melted and refroze. The entire course was basically one big sheet of ice. Every shot was a skip shot.

Cooler temps and no bugs!

The best part of winter golf is when its over and all the snow has melted.

The best part of winter golf: 4 month break to recharge the 'ole arm and mind.

The best part of Winter DG is what you bring in your flask to keep your azz warm in the frezing temps...me I prefer either a bit of SoCo or Jack.....warms you right up.

building 8ft snowmen on the fairways...

6BBY1qp.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
^ The snowman is awesome! It'd be great to build a big snowman to guard the pin for the winter! I can picture great shots getting stuck in the snowman, and having to straddle putt around him.

+ Way easier to find wayward discs with no underbrush.
+ Some holes play differently, with lines that aren't available other times of year. Amazing how different some courses can be in July and January - can feel like playing an entrely new course.
+ The ride home from the course is more enjoyable (heated seats are wonderful).
+ There's just something about dealing with the elements I find satisying.

Best part of winter golf...I'm in Northern California, what is winter again? I suppose its a bit more chilly and sometimes wet, but relatively little changes here. I guess best part is that slightly less people are playing~

I have a couple of pins set up at my parents house in Nevada that have snow, that's as close as I get to winter golf.

Latest posts