• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] The Colt

I've thrown both the Proto and the retool XT. I didn't notice that much of a difference in flight, but I did notice the retool is just a bit more round in the hand. Mine still has a flat top. It's not a big enough deal for me to stop throwing them. I do really want a champ colt that I can smash into some trees!

The more beat my DX Colt gets the more I love it. Gonna add an XT soon but wow, little bit of hyzer, and power down and this thing is perfect for finesse shots.

Pretty much exactly how I would describe the Colt. It is seriously giving my Buzzz a run for most shots under 300'.

I have been throwing the DX Proto for a while as an approach disc and I like it. The Colt has kicked out the Atom out of my bag ( for the time being ). I like the Atoms but I basically get the same flight with a shallow-er disc in the Colt.

Looks like the DX protos are getting scarce in the retail world so I bought one in XT plastic ( for a little more durability ) and DO NOT like that rubbery mess. I dislike it so much that I refuse to throw it.

Does any one have a profile pic of the Proto vs. the Retooled new productions? I am just curious to see them before I order one without being able to feel it/ see it first.

Me too... Geez how I am wanting a Champ and/or Star Colt for those technical holes...

That would be a nice disc in Regular Star, NOT G-Star, a little beat-in-able without the added stability of Champ plastic.

The added bouns would be that you can dye that dude up too in a premium plastic :thmbup:!

I'm terrible at taking profile photos, but here you go. Orange is a production XT and the white is a proto DX. Their flights are very similar, probably as similar as two discs bought at different times and places could be. The production XT seems to have a more squared off nose. The only difference I could measure between the two was flight plate thickness. I used a micrometer and obtained measurements of 0.095" (proto DX) and 0.110" (production XT). The rim depth is the same, while the proto DX may have slightly more dome than the production XT (granted, I've been throwing the XT a lot). Take all this with a grain of salt, as I'm comparing XT and DX. Not quite apples to oranges, but Gala to Fuji.

I'll be really excited when a premium plastic Colt is released (not GStar).

That would be a nice disc in Regular Star, NOT G-Star, a little beat-in-able without the added stability of Champ plastic.

The added bouns would be that you can dye that dude up too in a premium plastic :thmbup:!

Agree on the dye possibilities.

I wouldn't mind having a Champ plastic Colt, as it would take abuse from the trees I'd invariably throw it into, and once I learn its flights and foibles and know those won't change for a long time if ever, I'd be set.

Having said that, a (firm) Star Colt or better yet, two of them rotated, would eventually beat in to wonderful goodness over time, then be in that sweet spot for a good long time. And that would be DG nirvana...

I'm disappointed with this release. The low speed mammal disc slot is overcrowded from innova. They really need to realease more fairway, control and high speed driver mammal disc. huge gap between whippet, leopard, cheetah at speed six and ape at speed 13.

I like to imagine the beast is a mammal

I'd love to try a G-Star Colt, I think it would make a great woods up-shot disc. :D

Being how domey the run of rhynos are at PIAS i have doubts. Innova makes the worst domey runs and odd ball flat discs out there.

Why would they even put these kinds of molds out with any dome to start with?!

Being how domey the run of rhynos are at PIAS i have doubts. Innova makes the worst domey runs and odd ball flat discs out there.

Other companies do not seem to have the variation in dome with their putter molds. I'm thinking of the 150+ wizards I have. Piles of judges, PA 1+3s. What's the deal Innova?

The more recent Gstar Rhynos I've seen have been on the flatter side, which is encouraging. The actual Stars too. Haven't seen a new champion one yet.

Other companies do not seem to have the variation in dome with their putter molds. I'm thinking of the 150+ wizards I have. Piles of judges, PA 1+3s. What's the deal Innova?

I've seen plenty of premium plastic putters from Gateway that have weird dome issues.

Those companies don't run 1,000's of discs at a time.

Everyone wants to grow the sport but they don't realize what increased productivity means.