• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] The Colt

I keep seeing this posted yet I went to three different stores and felt 15 total star Colts and this description does not fit what I saw and had in my hand.
These 15 all had a dome, also "good and firm" does not describe the feel.

Maybe these three different stores all got bad batches...

First, I described the two Star Colts I own.

Second, I don't know what your idea of "firm" is, relative to mine. My Star Colts are much firmer than the soft Star plastic of my Roc3s, much firmer than the near-GStar plastic Star was becoming over the last year or two. Maybe you're looking for a firmness I'd call "hard" instead of "firm".

Third, the level of dome on my Star Colts is not very much. Technically, it's a dome, as the Colts are not as board-flat FAF as McPro Roc3s. I thought, however, that I was pretty clear in saying the Star Colt dome is like the DX proto Colt as opposed to the domier production DX Colts.

So maybe our definitions of these concepts differ, so I have taken the time and made the effort to make clear what I was saying. If you don't agree and YMMV, so be it. I still recommend the Star Colt and its awesomeness; if you don't like the Colt, there are a LOT of other disc molds out there to try.

It's funny how you seem to get about Colts...

I throw the XT colts and love them, is that OK with you? :)

It's funny how you seem to get about Colts...

I throw the XT colts and love them, is that OK with you? :)

Just fine. Indeed, say more about them if you like them, so that others can have the info when making their choices.

That's odd jay dub when I went to my local shop they had just got an order in and were unloading the boxes there were 5 star colts all of them were firmer star plastic and had the tiniest bit of dome still not domey at all though just not FAF

I just ordered two star Colts today.:thmbup: Can not wait for them to get here. I have been a classic roc thrower and over the summer I threw my cfr champ craving into a pond.:thmbdown: I hope theses will be a good replacement. I am also planning to get its to replace my pro cr as my putters.

I just ordered two star Colts today.:thmbup: Can not wait for them to get here. I have been a classic roc thrower and over the summer I threw my cfr champ craving into a pond.:thmbdown: I hope theses will be a good replacement. I am also planning to get its to replace my pro cr as my putters.

I hope you'll like the Colt. :thmbup: It's not exactly like the other discs, of course. You also might want to try a DX or XT Colt for putting duties into the chains. I'm looking forward to see how the Colt does for you. :hfive:

I was using an Opto Pure as a straight driving putter, and putting with XT Colts. I switched things up for a couple rounds, added the Star Colt to compare to the Pure, and replaced the XT Colt with a soft Pure.

The Pure is an excellent disc for both duties but in the end I prefer the shallow rim of the Colt. There isn't much difference in flight, but the Colt is much more comfortable leaving my hand. The difference is especially critical for me inside the circle.

Only thing that drives me nuts, and I'm not sure if it's a streak of bad luck or something I'm doing wrong -- I get really bad roll-aways when putting with the XT Colt. Any elevated basket, seems like 9 out of 10 times it lands wrong and rolls far. It's gotten so bad that I only want to use it for gimme putts in those situations and use a Nova or Polecat otherwise. Not sure if there's a fix for this other than improving accuracy or if this is a common issue with the Colt?

Only thing that drives me nuts, and I'm not sure if it's a streak of bad luck or something I'm doing wrong -- I get really bad roll-aways when putting with the XT Colt. Any elevated basket, seems like 9 out of 10 times it lands wrong and rolls far. It's gotten so bad that I only want to use it for gimme putts in those situations and use a Nova or Polecat otherwise. Not sure if there's a fix for this other than improving accuracy or if this is a common issue with the Colt?

I've had some bad rollaways with my Judges. I've read that some others were having rollaway problems with the MVP Anode and Ion as well.

I did have some problems with chain-outs with my Star Colt; it seemed to bounce off the chains a bit harder on 12 foot putts than the DX Colts would. Ergo, I putt with the Judge and Warden now and throw the Colt for longer approaches. Did have a chain out from about 60 feet away today with the Star Colt... throwing around a wall of cedar trees... but the disc did not roll away and was a drop-in par.

So yeah, maybe look at where your Colt is hitting the chains (pro-side or am-side) and why it might be rolling away. You might can mitigate that.

Fwiw, I have 5 Colts in my bag now, and I think they are below average for putting

I don't even....

Last season I threw traditional driving putters and traditional mids. This year I am trying out Colts to fill both slots. I need the 5 colt cycle because I will need a colt for every shot under 300'.

Im digging my KC pro Colt for approaches and short drives.
I pair it with a glo champ classic Roc for the windier/more OS duties...
still preferring those DX protos for putting!!! I'm stocked up!

I really wish innova would have left the colt alone but I've adjusted to the retool just fine. The DX Colt has a slight turn with a very slight fade. The star has a little more stability so it has a straight flight with with a little more fade.
My star Colts have different tooling than my DX Colts.

I really wish innova would have left the colt alone but I've adjusted to the retool just fine. The DX Colt has a slight turn with a very slight fade. The star has a little more stability so it has a straight flight with with a little more fade.
My star Colts have different tooling than my DX Colts.

Yep. My Star Colts are like the proto-DX Colts and are just as you described: a little more stability (or less understability) than production-DX Colts and a very straight flight. The Star Colts might fade a bit on powered-down shots, but for the most part my Star Cotls are just lazers towards the basket.

Yep. My Star Colts are like the proto-DX Colts and are just as you described: a little more stability (or less understability) than production-DX Colts and a very straight flight. The Star Colts might fade a bit on powered-down shots, but for the most part my Star Cotls are just lazers towards the basket.

I am rooting for a flat champ run that is overstable like the proto XT's. Would pair perfectly with the current star run.

I think the Colt would be excellent in MF champ. Added stability plus good grip.

Sorry. I meant added stability over DX. Probably the same as star with a slower break-in.

Late to the Colt thing. One showed up at our Hastings, so I bought it. 175 Dx.

Wow what a fun disc. OTOH, I can't see it fitting in the bag. Would be great in a limited disc bag. I may carry it in place of my normal neutral and US approach discs just for fun for a bit to see. It will stay in my truck for one disc rounds at a local 6 hole college campus course.