• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Cubic Zirconia Club

Also, Innovadude becomes only our second former member, along with KenanFlagler01

Got bored at work tonight and created us a logo. Love it? Hate it? Think you can do better? Tell me. Not like this has to be official or anything, except I'm totally adding whatever our final design is into my pfp.

I added gold and silver elements to honor both classes of CZ member, the diamond as a reminder of where we all hope to be, and the branches because we all have hit a lot of branches to get here.

The lettering at the bottom is take it or leave it for me.

Take THAT diamond guys, you don't have a cool logo.

CZ.png The Cubic Zirconia Club.png

I think I need pull a Job 40:4-5

"Behold, I am of small account; what shall I answer you?
I lay my hand on my mouth.
I have spoken once, and I will not answer;
twice, but I will proceed no further."

It means yours is cooler than mine and I'm gonna shut up.

It means yours is cooler than mine and I'm gonna shut up.

It's past your bedtime anyway. 😁

I like the logo and support your club though. I also mandate that we need to see Tyler dressed in a mascot suit. That's an order. 😜

Nobody wants to sillybizz dress up. That's a "perk" for our club apparently. It's not pretty.

Wellsbranch looks awful in a tutu btw, in case you were wondering. Discgolfcraig is a surprisingly passable Catwoman though. Who'd have thought.

Last edited:
First off I love the new vote score system, thank you @Dev ! It was a long overdue change IMO.

Here is my take on @Dave242 :

Dave stuck to his convictions when writing reviews/rating courses. Course reviews are all subjective anyway (sometimes we forget that) based on our preferences and experiences and Dave really embraced that. Instead of caring about his thumbs up/down rate he put his method out there and let the chips fall where they may and I really respect that from him. I've agreed and disagreed with him over the years on his different reviews but never the method in which he got there. With all of the contributions Dave has made over the years in reviews and on the forum it was a travesty to not give him some kind of badge or forum title or something for all of that work even if he himself may not have cared. Glad to see Dave part of the club. Now seeing as I don't belong here I'll see myself out. :)

Got bored at work tonight and created us a logo. Love it? Hate it? Think you can do better? Tell me. Not like this has to be official or anything, except I'm totally adding whatever our final design is into my pfp.

I added gold and silver elements to honor both classes of CZ member, the diamond as a reminder of where we all hope to be, and the branches because we all have hit a lot of branches to get here.

The lettering at the bottom is take it or leave it for me.

Take THAT diamond guys, you don't have a cool logo.

View attachment 328941 View attachment 328940

Perfect!

And I'm think how beautiful it would look on the pocket of a navy blazer.

And seriously, if you ever think of producing it to be put on equipment (like a sticker on a cart), I would add "dgcoursereview.com" for context.

(and maybe @greens has an advertising budget....)

I got a random email this morning from DGCR that my name was invoked here. What a surprise to see all the positive comments, the TR badge by my name, and the decision to include me in the CZ club (although I have yet to figure out what all is involved in this great honor :geek:). Thanks to all for the kind/flattering words.

Speculations/recollections were correct that early on I felt this site needed more reviews from more than locals so I dumped my initial list of courses played and associated ratings list here - I think it was 175 or so at the time. After that chore of adding my RATINGS list was complete, as I added new courses played I used the same personal/subjective metrics, but filled in each section with helpful verbiage to turn them into actual/useful REVIEWS.

In 2008 we had moved from the mecca of DG in Charlotte to the DG wasteland of Chicago (flat and 9er tedium dominates there). 15 years later, and my child-rearing years over, we are back in Charlotte. My course bagging ways may well start again.....if/when my forearm injury heals.

I have 2 big challenges to my ratings approach:
1) I am not as good as I was 20 years ago when I developed my ratings system (lots of tweener holes - NAGS in John Houck lingo earns a lower rating). For instance, I no longer consider a 320' hole as "a rewarding birdie" since those are more luck now than skill (or even a 280' curved wooded hole). Maybe I will regain my form when I start playing a lot again?
2) my memory has faded on a lot of courses since I have not thought of them for a decade+ in my child-rearing hiatus from course bagging (and many courses have either changed drastically or been pulled).

Anyhow, thanks again for the shout-outs!

I got a random email this morning from DGCR that my name was invoked here. What a surprise to see all the positive comments, the TR badge by my name, and the decision to include me in the CZ club (although I have yet to figure out what all is involved in this great honor :geek:). Thanks to all for the kind/flattering words.
All you have to know is that we're cooler than the Diamond TRs.

All you have to know is that we're cooler than the Diamond TRs.

Hey Everybody - let's show Dave the power of Club Zirconia: everybody find one of his reviews to update!

Turns out among the 7 courses we've played in common, he's reviewed Joralemon Park, which I just played and reviewed last month.

Whether or not he has time to return the favor, let's show him our cool Club Zirconia hospitality!

Hey Everybody - let's show Dave the power of Club Zirconia: everybody find one of his reviews to update!

Turns out among the 7 courses we've played in common, he's reviewed Joralemon Park, which I just played and reviewed last month.

Whether or not he has time to return the favor, let's show him our cool Club Zirconia hospitality!
Threw him an upvote and a unique (in case I hadn't given him one before) for his Winthrop Gold Review. Long time ago and things have changed, but well written and informative for the time it was done.