• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] the details of your dynamic ESCAPE

Have you thrown a Lucid Escape? From what I heard the Emac Escapes are pretty beefy compared to a Lucid.

I have an E Mac signature Escape and I think it must me a lemmon. This disc does not act anything like the flight charts or you guys say. This thing starts going left as soon as it leaves my hand and goes on a consistant arc its entire flight path. I don't get any distance out of it either, maybe 300. Its great if I have a fairway on a downward slope with the same arc, which is rare.
I carry a Saint Pro, Northmans, and Swords. I have also used numerous Saints in the past and the E Mac is NOTHING like any of these discs. It reminds me of when I started out and I would try throwing the fastest speed disc I could find which was way too fast. Or in other words, like I can't get it up to speed.
Any suggestions? :confused:

Keep using it and hit some trees if you want to hang on to it. If not I bet it goes easily in the marketplace or on facebook. Everyone seems to want the emac escapes and especially if yours is as OS as you say.

I have 4 Escapes total, 1 Fuzion in the shed, a Moonshine, a Lucid, and Biofuzion in the bag. I love the disc because of how responsive it is. i like to toggle weights and plastics for stability, but they all fly similar to on another, with subtle differences that I try to manipulate.

I also like the Fury (US), Escape (S), Saint Pro (OS) combo. It has been working pretty well for me.

I have thrown the Escape, Saint, and Striker, and the Escape just seems to win out every time. They are very

^ This bad grammar and multiple typo's are what happens when you attempt to type a coherent sentence with a 2 year old who is trying to get you to watch Little Mermaid with her.

Long story short, Escapes rock. Trilogy has a little overlap between the Saint, Escape, and Striker… Escape wins for me each time. Though I would like to try a Moonshine Striker.

Escapes are money. I bag a fuzion, lucid and bio. All have slightly different stability. My fuzion is my money maker. My first run lucid is a little bit more stable and can handle a small headwind where as my bio just flat out bombs. But it's a little flippier and need to be released with a little hyzer.

There's not much more to say at this point. It's an awesome, do-it-all disc. A lower power distance driver, a long fairway, can handle forehands and backhands, hold an anhyzer or come up from a hyzer, you name it. This is one of my all time favorite discs.

There's not much more to say at this point. It's an awesome, do-it-all disc. A lower power distance driver, a long fairway, can handle forehands and backhands, hold an anhyzer or come up from a hyzer, you name it. This is one of my all time favorite discs.

Definitely. I currently have three in the bag. Would be four but I'm also really liking the Hatchet right now for a pairing with the escapes. Have a fairly beat in bio, a slightly worn lucid, and a newish moonshine escape.

New buddy for the bag.

1zf0lep.jpg

I'm always a skeptic on the Air discs even though they are a lot better quality in my opinion to blizzard. It's just that some I never get along with and it's usually the domey ones. The air renegade and saint being two. I do like the air trespass and since I love almost every escape out there I had to try these. It's safe to say I'll be buying a few more in the future. They are slightly more domey but not much. 154g on this one and it's only a hair more understable than the max weight lucid. Just really easy to bomb out there and a ton of glide. I can hyzer flip it to straight in a tailwind and it has just a little fade or in crosswinds to no wind just hyzer flip it for nice little tight S curves. Little bit easier to catch up high and stall but not nose angle sensitive or anything. I got some big drives out of it and was putting it out there with the Jade and Hatchet with ease. Big fan of the lucid air escape so far. Should be out on DD tomorrow night around midnight and other places by April 1st.

I am tempted/nervous to try a lucid air escape. I am very surprised however you said it's only a hair less stable than an normal max weight lucid.

I have very limited trials with air/blizzard discs but all of them have been more under stable then max weight alternatives when thrown flat. I've tried blizzard/champ apes and destroyers and air/opto halo. The Halo Air holds up well when thrown with a hyzer, I actually keep this disc in the bag.

The escapes my favorite disc so chances are I'll try it in max air weight. But I'd like to here more reviews on stability once it's released.

By the way. I'm using: Witness US | Escape S | Saint Pro OS for my drivers and it's really clicking well.

I am tempted/nervous to try a lucid air escape. I am very surprised however you said it's only a hair less stable than an normal max weight lucid.

I have very limited trials with air/blizzard discs but all of them have been more under stable then max weight alternatives when thrown flat. I've tried blizzard/champ apes and destroyers and air/opto halo. The Halo Air holds up well when thrown with a hyzer, I actually keep this disc in the bag.

The escapes my favorite disc so chances are I'll try it in max air weight. But I'd like to here more reviews on stability once it's released.

By the way. I'm using: Witness US | Escape S | Saint Pro OS for my drivers and it's really clicking well.

There's a pretty big difference for me in these and innova blizzard. Aside from the very first runs of blizzards that had the bubbles in the flight plate and didn't have that mushy exposed bubble rim they have all been garbage and way flippy compared to the heavy weight in the same mold. Lat64 and their air discs are of a much higher quality to me but still some have been flippy. For me that was the renegade and saint. I have an air bolt that is flat and a lot more overstable than any max weight gold line I've owned. It's right up there with the domey optos. I can't even really hyzerflip it I have to throw it flat and it just barely turns. I also have air trespasses that are pretty much as overstable just a little less. This escape was similar. Easier to flip up and a little more turn but it wasn't a flippy disc. I'd say somewhere between the lucid escape and VIP hatchet.

I personally don't care for the flight patterns of super light discs, but DD air series are all amazing quality. I much prefer them over blizzard plastic.

Just grabbed a cheap (11.99!) misprint Moonshine off the DD site. Very happy to add it to my small collection at that price. It'll be my first taste of Moonshine too.

Question about consistency.

I'm just now replacing my main lucid escape (basically cycling 3 to keep them fresh but this gets the most use). I still have several from my initial stack I bought when they were first released. Figured I would pick a few up from the DD table at the KCWO while I was there over the weekend and one of the replacements I got was a new, transparent, weight stamped (as opposed to printed) version. Any word on how these are compared to the initial run? I've seen people bashing the escape a few times in other threads over consistency recently but no one ever got specific with their complaints.

I'm just now replacing my main lucid escape (basically cycling 3 to keep them fresh but this gets the most use). I still have several from my initial stack I bought when they were first released. Figured I would pick a few up from the DD table at the KCWO while I was there over the weekend and one of the replacements I got was a new, transparent, weight stamped (as opposed to printed) version. Any word on how these are compared to the initial run? I've seen people bashing the escape a few times in other threads over consistency recently but no one ever got specific with their complaints.

The first runs and current ones in lucid fly the same for me. I don't really find much consistency issues in the escape. I don't throw the fuzion shield stamp ones though because they came out pretty domey and I didn't care really for the flight. I prefer the fuzion dyemax and biofuzion over them. Really enjoy the lucid, lucid air, and moonshine as well.

There were some colors in the first runs that are opaque and have a little of the fuzion plastic in the mix it feels like. They seem to be a little grippier and a hair more stable but for the most part a first run lucid is going to fly just like the current ones.

I carry 2 S-PD's as my main drivers. One is basically straight & the other has some turn. Looking at the numbers the Escape looks like a seasoned PD out of the box. I've never thrown an Escape so my questions would be is there enough difference in the two to try Escapes? I also had a lighter Champ Tern that I liked but lost it a while back & stuck to PD's. I'd guess my max D with the PD's would be 375-400ish. Should I stick to PD's? Try an Escape? If so what plastic? Should I get another Tern?

Threw my 154 air escape more today and holy straight. I haven't had a disc go laser straight for 300 ft before. Maybe a foot of turn and fade consistently. As said before it feels and looks better than blizzard IMO.

Latest posts