• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] the details of your dynamic ESCAPE

I carry 2 S-PD's as my main drivers. One is basically straight & the other has some turn. Looking at the numbers the Escape looks like a seasoned PD out of the box. I've never thrown an Escape so my questions would be is there enough difference in the two to try Escapes? I also had a lighter Champ Tern that I liked but lost it a while back & stuck to PD's. I'd guess my max D with the PD's would be 375-400ish. Should I stick to PD's? Try an Escape? If so what plastic? Should I get another Tern?

Escape is way Easier to H-flip than a PD. Way less HSS in the escape. It'll work an anhyzer and not flex out, it'll pan or hold it to the ground, or flex way late for distance if you throw high enough, but doesn't take well to a headwind. I think they compliment each other well. Just my experience.

/necrobump

I've been throwing (and really liking) a 154g Air Escape. I think it may be an aberration though. I tried an Escape this summer at a DD 2 Disc Challenge (a max weight Lucid), that seemed nose angle sensitive and was flippier than I expected. I didn't gel with it and sold it off pretty quickly.

Fast forward to this Air Escape. It's poptop domey (got that Feldberg heartbeat) and it is stable, like Teebird stable. Dead straight with a solid fade, with a bit more glide than a premium plastic 'Bird. Today it even held that line in a ~10-15 mph headwind. Granted I've only got 300' of power, but it certainly is different from the max weight I tried and different from most descriptions I've heard.

So my question is, are the domey Escapes (especially in the Air) typically more OS? I don't have any other Escapes to compare PLH with, so just wondering if there was a general trend. I have a feeling I am going to want to stock up on some of these and just hoping other people had ran into some, so I at least know more are out there.

I throw allot of escapes. And I have an lucid air and I really like it, it's not as stable as any other escape I throw that's 175g. It's awesome for low ceiling shots, tailwinds, and hyzerflips. One thing I like about the air escape (and the air trespass) is that they are still extremely close to the same flight and feel like the same disc, only with more glide.

Yours may be a bit more OS than normal maybe.

I've only thrown one in a night round with led taped on top. Don't know how much the led played into the flight, but it would start turn over around 300 for me. That being said, I start to get a little oat when pushing a fairway past 300.... I have to admit, I was surprised to see the op speaking of 400 ft throws. Really surprised to see it being thrown that far downhill without turning over. My form must be dirty! Very easy to throw 300 and probably a good beginner fairway not far from a Leo IMO, Maybe a little faster?

I bought 2 Frost Escapes this weekend. Love the plastic. They fly similar to every other Escape I've thrown, maybe a touch more stable but not much. I use them out to about 370' mainly in the woods. I consider it more of a control driver similar to an Orc than anything else.

/necrobump

I've been throwing (and really liking) a 154g Air Escape. I think it may be an aberration though. I tried an Escape this summer at a DD 2 Disc Challenge (a max weight Lucid), that seemed nose angle sensitive and was flippier than I expected. I didn't gel with it and sold it off pretty quickly.

Fast forward to this Air Escape. It's poptop domey (got that Feldberg heartbeat) and it is stable, like Teebird stable. Dead straight with a solid fade, with a bit more glide than a premium plastic 'Bird. Today it even held that line in a ~10-15 mph headwind. Granted I've only got 300' of power, but it certainly is different from the max weight I tried and different from most descriptions I've heard.

So my question is, are the domey Escapes (especially in the Air) typically more OS? I don't have any other Escapes to compare PLH with, so just wondering if there was a general trend. I have a feeling I am going to want to stock up on some of these and just hoping other people had ran into some, so I at least know more are out there.

If you like that dome then try one of the fuzion shield stamp escape. Those came out extra domey. Myself I prefer the fuzion dyemax. They have the perfect amount of dome and are just a tick more stable than the rest for me. I just picked up some fundraiser freedoms today and noticed they still had some sweet black fuzion air limited run escapes. Probably not what you're looking for though they're flatter. They're lookers though. Nice black air fuzion plastic and bar stamps.

If you like that dome then try one of the fuzion shield stamp escape. Those came out extra domey. Myself I prefer the fuzion dyemax. They have the perfect amount of dome and are just a tick more stable than the rest for me. I just picked up some fundraiser freedoms today and noticed they still had some sweet black fuzion air limited run escapes. Probably not what you're looking for though they're flatter. They're lookers though. Nice black air fuzion plastic and bar stamps.

I am really digging this Escape (actually loving all the DD I've been trying... My bag may be about to undergo a major change). And your input was actually what I was hoping for, you certainly know your DD. So, generally, are the domier Escapes more overstable? Because this Escape if flying like, dare I say... A longer Teebird.

I am really digging this Escape (actually loving all the DD I've been trying... My bag may be about to undergo a major change). And your input was actually what I was hoping for, you certainly know your DD. So, generally, are the domier Escapes more overstable? Because this Escape if flying like, dare I say... A longer Teebird.

I agree. I have a domey dyemax that is the most overstable out of all the escapes I have, it never turns over (no wind / no torque). My dyemax shares some of those similarities with the tee bird, straight flight with reliable fade (and more glide).

I have a shield stamp fuzion Escape. It's dead nuts straight with a mild LS fade. Just a good point and shoot disc for me.

I don't have time to read through the entire thread. But I was just wondering. How does the Escape break in in general? And does it differ across plastics?

Does it lose its HSS before it loses its LSS like an eagle or reversed like a teebird? Or does it lose both at the same time and turn into a good HF to turnover disc? Do the plastics break in the same, or different like the PD? Thank you.

Escapes start to flip way before they stop fading. I'm fact, I have thrown Escapes for almost 2 years, and not one ever lost it's pseudo-aggressive fade. Just gained some stretch and turn in flight. They get longer for sure.

Got my a$$ handed to me by a local pro one night (glow round). I overheard his answers when cardmates asked "what was that". Blizz Katana, 15something Firebird, among his answers. Went out and bought a 158 Escape. Was really worried about it flipping over or riding left a bit much (RHBH) but I had to see for myself. Good enough for him, right?

***Disclaimer***I throw at ONE MILE of altitude, Denver CO. Discs move through the air faster and are more OS in general. My points of reference are my other discs.

For me, there is no point in throwing MY Escape less than 400' or it's just a big Teebird. I say "MY" because it might be a freak of nature. Doesn't LOOK out of the ordinary when compared to every other one I've looked at but...ya never know. It really starts to shine past 420-430. Tracks over -1 and finishes 1.5-2.

Glide for days as is the Trilogy MO and is AT LEAST a speed 10 as opposed to the claimed 9. I disced down last September/October to 10 speeds and lower. This disc and a 171 beat champ Starfire are my long distance drivers and they are all I need. Different flight between them but they finish in the exact same spot.

I am hurting for new Starfire or Saint Pro speed/stability type discs just to have something that won't turn too much down hill. By that you should gather that the Escape is NOT a heavily OS disc. It's "Straight". Not flippy either. Have to MURDER it if I want it to stay turned over for any reasonable distance.

This year I'm going for 500' with my 158 Escape. Flatland, no wind. No longer IF, but rather WHEN.

Escape. Get one.

Anyone done an Escape/Saint comparison? Side by side? I have a couple Escapes coming to hopefully replace my Saints. The Saint hasn't worked out for me like I had hoped and I just can't find one that has the Glide they advertise.

Anyone done an Escape/Saint comparison? Side by side? I have a couple Escapes coming to hopefully replace my Saints. The Saint hasn't worked out for me like I had hoped and I just can't find one that has the Glide they advertise.

I agree, they dont seem to have the glide they claim to have, but I still love me some saints. I may be interested in taking them off your hands.

Saints (in my limited experience, had one Opto and one frost) are much less hss. Flew like a more glidey, less controllable patriot. Escapes on the other hand have a nice high speed turn and more reliable fade. Very fun disc to throw aND very comfortable in hand

I've thrown multiple Saints, all Opto, and one Lucid Escape.

I like the Saint better, but the Escape is pretty similar - I'd say Escape has an extra tick of stability, a tick less glide, so opposite of what you've seen.

Westside's Northman is also pretty similar.

I like the slightly narrower rim on the Saint, fits my hand better.

Saints (in my limited experience, had one Opto and one frost) are much less hss. Flew like a more glidey, less controllable patriot. Escapes on the other hand have a nice high speed turn and more reliable fade. Very fun disc to throw aND very comfortable in hand

Yeah, Escape>Saint, at least for distance lines. The Escape has a slightly wider rim, much sharper wing, and is faster than the Saint by a good bit. Lucid's are very similar to my normal dome champion Orc's.

So is the Escape true to its ratings? Or is the Lucid just more on the OS side than the other plastics.

So is the Escape true to its ratings? Or is the Lucid just more on the OS side than the other plastics.

What's it rated at by Latitude 64, 9,5,-1,2? I'd rate it 10,5,-1,2. I've only throw a couple Lucids that I bought. Some high speed turn but enough fade to bring it back, IME.

Latest posts