• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The disc of the Millenium?

ryandr

Not having many disc buying options in the area, the choices are limited to Innova and Millenium. Does anyone have any idea how the Millenium discs, specifically the JLS, QJLS, and Polaris LS, compare to, say, the Innova series of discs.

You should ask to try someone elses discs and then buy online what you like. You just can't beat that option if you are in a limited area.

Polaris LS is close to a Cheetah or a Leopard.

JLS is close to an Eagle-L or a TeeBird-L.

Never thrown a QJLS, so I'm not sure on that one. Champ Eagle I'd guess.

The QJLS is just the champion version of the disc. Have one that I have not thrown in a while , but it flies similar to the Innova SL disc, or the TL<teebird/leopard>. I like mine, however it is tyedied a dark color and is too hard to find if I get off into the woods.

I have a Orion LS and it flies excatly like my Pro Valkyrie. The Orion does out fly the Valkyrie by about 20 ft.

Millennium is cool...you can explain the whole lineup of discs in a couple of minutes.

Basically, the Orion LS (stable) and Orion LF (slightly overstable) are max D discs.
The Polaris LS (slightly understable), the JLS (slightly understable but faster and longer than the Polaris LS) and the EXP1 (overstable) are all fairway drivers.
The Aurora MS (stable) and Sentinel MF (overstable) are mid-range discs.
The Omega (stable) is the putter/approach mold.

Sirius (S) is the Millennium version of Star plastic.
Quantum (Q) is the Millennium version of Champion plastic.
Millennium (M) is the Millennium version of Pro plastic.
They also make the Omega in a supersoft plastic.

For the most part, Millennium stays away from crazy overstable/understable molds. They are mostly stable and it is up to you to make the disc work. Play smart. Keep it simple.

You may also want to check out Marshall Steet's Flight Guide

I use the flight guide every time I am curious about how a disk will fly compared to what I already have used.

Help ID a disc?

Millennium is cool...you can explain the whole lineup of discs in a couple of minutes.

Basically, the Orion LS (stable) and Orion LF (slightly overstable) are max D discs.
The Polaris LS (slightly understable), the JLS (slightly understable but faster and longer than the Polaris LS) and the EXP1 (overstable) are all fairway drivers.
The Aurora MS (stable) and Sentinel MF (overstable) are mid-range discs.
The Omega (stable) is the putter/approach mold.

Sirius (S) is the Millennium version of Star plastic.
Quantum (Q) is the Millennium version of Champion plastic.
Millennium (M) is the Millennium version of Pro plastic.
They also make the Omega in a supersoft plastic.
I have a couple Millennium discs that I'm trying to figure out what they are. They're first run bar stamps with no front marking other than "Millennium". On the back is inked "S.OS" & the weight.

I e-mail the folks at golfdisc.com a while back, but never got a reply.

Any clue?

I'm primarily an Innova thrower, but those S.OS discs fly long and straight!

I have a couple Millennium discs that I'm trying to figure out what they are. They're first run bar stamps with no front marking other than "Millennium". On the back is inked "S.OS" & the weight.

I e-mail the folks at golfdisc.com a while back, but never got a reply.

Any clue?

I'm primarily an Innova thrower, but those S.OS discs fly long and straight!
It's a shelved disc that Millennium made once. It's a SOLF with a Valkyrie top. Apparently it flies a lot like a SOLF unless it's really windy, then it's a bit less high speed stable.

I know that those are disc's that are offered at Academy Sports Centers and what is great about Academy is that they are very lax with their returns. So if you try out a disc and don't like it you can return it for another one (just try not to beat it up).

i have heard the OLS is a Sidewinder w/ a nose spacer added.. i know some wraith throwers that throw the OLF so if i would say its close to that but again i havent thrown either .. Omega SS is just a Small Bead Aviar too

interesting, i never knew that, gonna have to check the JLS out...

Do!
I'd say it's closer to a Teebird ...
I've been flying a first run Sirius JLS since they came out, and I use it frequently for tight lines as well as open fairways. For me, it been reliable, ever more controllable and finishes straight.
:thmbup:

Nice job searching! I personally think the JLS is the longest flying speed 6 disc on the market. For having such a small rim it sure goes a long way. The QJLS is similar to a Champ or Star TL and can have a little fade when new.

Never thrown a QJLS, so I'm not sure on that one. Champ Eagle I'd guess.
Lol, I was trying to figure out why I would say that since I've had one in the bag for about three years. Then I noticed the post was from '08. :p

Do!
I'd say it's closer to a Teebird ...
I've been flying a first run Sirius JLS since they came out, and I use it frequently for tight lines as well as open fairways. For me, it been reliable, ever more controllable and finishes straight.
:thmbup:

maybe you should come through town again and i can try out yours :p

I just bought two new Millenium JLS's online to replace my goto that has been in my bag for over a year.. Expecting a grippy and somewhat flexy pro plastic feel i got a super rigid and slippery disc. I bought my disc used so i knew it was worn in, but wow these new ones are not even close to what i had. did they switch blends or do i just have a TON of breaking in to do? Maybe a First Run or something? I am 100% positive it had this stamp on it
http://www.discgolfcenter.com/main_displayProduct.php?p=147&PPQT1=64

Latest posts