• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lucid Witness. What?... is that wrong? :D

image_zpspwscrmgj.jpg

Peace,
-Jeff

Every time I look at this thread, I'm just blown away by the work you guys are doing. I like to tinker with dyeing my discs but you guys take it to whole other level.

Just finished up a long overdue commission on a D3. Still have a couple more to work on before I can start my Valentine's day contest entry.
Thanks to Bennett (the Bama fan) for the stencil. :D :hfive:
image-2_1.jpg

Looks great! Happy to help :hfive:

I'm having a hulluvah time dying a similarly clear D1 right now --- it's just not taking the dye very well; splotchy, hatchy all over the place....tried cleaning it(again), alcohol, acetone, nothing seems to help :(

Lucid Witness. What?... is that wrong? :D

/QUOTE]
I don't see anything wrong with......ummmm....never mind :D. :thmbup:
Looks great! Happy to help :hfive:

I'm having a hulluvah time dying a similarly clear D1 right now --- it's just not taking the dye very well; splotchy, hatchy all over the place....tried cleaning it(again), alcohol, acetone, nothing seems to help :(

Thanks. I got lucky with the dye but it took an hour at 120 degrees to get the black dark enough. The lettering helps to cover up how badly I damaged that shiny finish while removing the stamp.

Yay wordforms!

This is why I stopped trying to dye vibram too much. Its just so unsticky that the vinyl fails really easily. I was checking this every 10 min. It failed somewhere between 20 and 30. I'm doing 2 more of these on my other 2 glow soles so I'll take those out after like 15.

Vibram glow seems to dye pretty well. At least comparable to medium.

Attachments

• pic_20150209_193412.jpg
    pic_20150209_193412.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 92
Ray would've laughed along with the joke. Proof here in the first 14 seconds, but stick around for a good tune.

Yeah, I thought that while I was dyeing it, but still... you never know how others will interpret things. This idea was originally slated for a Lat 64 Vision, :D But I didn't have a white one.

That song, and the John Lee Hooker one are my favorite from the movie. Might have to do some BB dyes now.

Peace,
-Jeff

So...

After messing w/ the shaving cream/powdered idye, I've gone completely nuts. I have dyed 35 discs plus 12 in my bag over the past 9 days.

Here's the latest finished product (as there is already another in the mix)
10348185_10204752424266255_4277888677095666540_n.jpg

Is this another dry application to the disc with soup on top? Walk us through your process now that you're dialing it in...what are your soup proportions? how are applying the dye and pouring the soup on?

the discs look great, i'm gonna give the dry a try!

Those skulls of yours, every time, DTP, just wow.

Now that you're done with that, you should finish your disc for the Valentine's contest........;) ;) ;)

These two are spin dyes I had someone do for me...don't know if he is on DGCR. They look amazing.

There he is!!! ;) Nice work RyDye Guy!

I'm not RyDyes, I just commissioned some work from him. It was fun to talk with someone and try and give them a vision of what kind of dyes I wanted. He was very easy to work with and I'm very pleased with the results. :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts