• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
need some help! i dont know if i should dye the background or foreground. if you think i should, what colors should i use, and how dark or light should i make those colors?!?

also its a glo destroyer, so idk if i should put a background or foreground cuz it will effect the glo ness of the disc.

Loving the Futurama disc!

also its a glo destroyer, so idk if i should put a background or foreground cuz it will effect the glo ness of the disc.
Not sure what you had in mind exactly, but if it were my disc, I would mask the outer rim area at least 1/2" or so from the edge, since it's the rim that does most of the glowing. Looks pretty good the way it is, though. My two cents.

need some help! i dont know if i should dye the background or foreground. if you think i should, what colors should i use, and how dark or light should i make those colors?!?

Awesome choice of dyes ;)

So it's been a while since I did a few dyes. Two are for my daughter and one just as trainer for the real deal

picture.php

Scootaloo and Starsong

picture.php

Starry Night 1st trial

How much water does everybody mix with one box of powdered Rit?

Last edited:
glo destroyer 175g alice in wonderland.. tons of different shades of colors: 3 shades of green, 4 shades of blue, 4 shades of purple. 1 shade of yellow, pink, brown

Attachments

• IMG_0487.jpg
    IMG_0487.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 147
I dont know what vinyl your using, But mine is pretty forgiving so I can lay it out flat on the bottom and crinkle it up over the top. Then just pour the dye inside the disc. The good thing about doing it this way is that all the pigment suspended in the dye falls down on to the disc. When I dye on the top of the disc, Rather than folding the vinyl down under the bottom and floating the disc in the dye, I pull the vinyl up and form a bowl, Then just pour the warmed dye in. My colors have been alot deeper and it seems it takes half the time. I use a free styler catch disc to hold the shape of the bowl.
DSC00930.jpg
I like this die the best.

Some great dyes on the last couple pages! Rampage, Northern, Nowski, Jdw :clap:

The Angry Dwarf is awesome! I bet that'll look really good over time as the dye fades, too.

Thanks guys. Been wanting to do a dwarf disc for awhile now, and really the title is a little repetitive because most dwarves are angry! I agree though it should look good even as it fades, just like when I throw it.

Did this one for a friend. It's Mike Ness (Social Distortion). I questioned my sanity a few times during this process (I'm a handcutter).
CIMG8757.jpg
[/IMG]

Did this one for a friend. It's Mike Ness (Social Distortion). I questioned my sanity a few times during this process (I'm a handcutter).
CIMG8757.jpg
[/IMG]

looks great man!!! i have questioned my sanity a few time with some dyes....but that my friend:clap::clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts