• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dan -

what are you using to get those nice sharp lines for your spin dyes? I tried a (cheap) paint brush, and a q-tip, and I can make a circle, but nowhere near anything as crisp as yours.

And your marbling is masterful (said Capt. Obvious). :clap: The last two you posted, did you 'push' the disc down into the SC bath to get the swirls? They're just soooo awesome...

glonukesDSC_2637.jpg
[/IMG]

I got a few different "Bazinga" images saved, but you beat me to it. Now I'll look like a copycat. :wall::)

Copy away, I know at least one frequent poster on this forum has one as their avatar and it also very well may end up on this ESP Drone sitting next to me. I choose to do that dye cause it was quick and seemed "more marketable" as a fundraiser. Last I looked top bid was only $21 for a Star firebird 173g might be worth a bid.

drkstr and dyeing, thanks, it means alot. That's my all time favorite Christmas special. That's the one I wish I didn't have to rush, maybe I could've stuck yukon cornelius in the group:D

picture.php

Dan -

what are you using to get those nice sharp lines for your spin dyes? I tried a (cheap) paint brush, and a q-tip, and I can make a circle, but nowhere near anything as crisp as yours.

And your marbling is masterful (said Capt. Obvious). :clap: The last two you posted, did you 'push' the disc down into the SC bath to get the swirls? They're just soooo awesome...

I'm using a cheap small brush but a couple of new ones are on my christmas list! And no I try to push 'em down only enough to ensure complete contact.

^ ya, thanks. must've accidentily deleted pics before I finished my post.
picture.php

I voted for this, I figured it had to be SOMEONE from this thread -- EXCELLENT work El Dude -- which is spanish for "The Dude" -- should win going away, GREAT work!

^^^
el dude acata

Dude.jpg

...someone could probably make a mint marketing this on a disc!

What do you use to spin the disc to get those circles? I got to get up to date on dyes. I have some old rit but where is the best place to get idye? Here are a few of mine. All hand cut too.
celticsroc.jpg

CTP09.jpg

LEO.jpg

BGeorge.jpg

Nice gippy! I'm using a box fan for spin painting (here's a link), and getting my iDye from Dharmatrading.

El Dude that disc is just... Sweet :hfive:

Today's fun, too bad they choose to center the entire print image, it would have looked better if they had centered the circle :wall:

westsidediscskingsDSC_2648.jpg

Wife and kids are out of town, time to dye some plastic. All but one are commissioned jobs for Christmas. All clean so I feel good delivering what I promised.

311 Cube logo on a Star Leopard for my bag.
20121208_170327.jpg

2nd place Volt for our local "club" that uses discs instead of tags.
20121208_184001.jpg

Friends cousins Secret Santa gift.
20121208_185909.jpg

GL Fuse for my Father in law from my sister in law.
20121209_003831.jpg

Co-worker's gift for her enlisted son.
20121209_000638.jpg

Busy night but it was nice to blast through more than half of my list of to dos.

They're the ND fans not me. I can't wait to see the look on all the band wagon fans' faces when they finally have to play a Champion Caliber team. I really dig the hounds tooth back ground. I might have to remember that one if you don't mind.

Here are my latest from the last 2 weeks. Have not dyed much lately but needed a release from some stress.

Black KC Aviar. This started yellow, I wanted a black one. Without paying an arm and a leg for one, it wasn't going to happen.

Glow FL.

Pink champ firebird. I keep thinking that I am going to lose this, so the art fit for when someone finds it.

Attachments

• BlackKCAviar.jpeg
    BlackKCAviar.jpeg
    100.9 KB · Views: 70
  • Dynamic Smith.jpeg
    Dynamic Smith.jpeg
    128.8 KB · Views: 47
  • LostFirebird.jpeg
    LostFirebird.jpeg
    121.7 KB · Views: 51
3 more.

Glow Leopard. My daughter saw me dyeing something else and thought it would be cool to be able to draw something and I could put it on the disc. So we did. I loved her face when she saw it completed.

Z Buzz SS. I am a big TX kinda guy. Like the Texas flag flies over that other red/white and blue flag at my house. So I needed to pay some homage.

Z Stalker. I bought one of the exacto circle cutters and was testing it out. I left the discraft circle from their stamp. I think that cutter is the bomb if you do not have a plotter.

Attachments

• LeoArt.jpeg
    LeoArt.jpeg
    93.6 KB · Views: 40
  • TXBuzzSS.jpeg
    TXBuzzSS.jpeg
    116.4 KB · Views: 33
  • Stalker.jpeg
    Stalker.jpeg
    109.1 KB · Views: 34
Glow Leopard. My daughter saw me dyeing something else and thought it would be cool to be able to draw something and I could put it on the disc. So we did. I loved her face when she saw it completed.

Great story RS, bet she was one happy camper!

Here's another I snuck in today while working. I know it's getting repetitive but I'm using iDye in the marbling and am trying to get it figured out. A found ABC secret weapon that's been in my trunk for a while...

ABCsecretweaponsDSC_2690.jpg

If your getting tired of seeing 'em just say it. In the words of Arlo (paraphrased of course);
If one person says something, just one person,
then I'll probably ignore it... what's one persons voice on the internet,
but if two people say it,
can you imagine two people telling me to stop posting to the dye a day thread, If two people say it,
well then I'd hafta think its a movement and give it the respect it deserves!

Great story RS, bet she was one happy camper!

Here's another I snuck in today while working. I know it's getting repetitive but I'm using iDye in the marbling and am trying to get it figured out. A found ABC secret weapon that's been in my trunk for a while...

ABCsecretweaponsDSC_2690.jpg

If your getting tired of seeing 'em just say it. In the words of Arlo (paraphrased of course);
If one person says something, just one person,
then I'll probably ignore it... what's one persons voice on the internet,
but if two people say it,
can you imagine two people telling me to stop posting to the dye a day thread, If two people say it,
well then I'd hafta think its a movement and give it the respect it deserves!

Dan, this is amazing! Please keep them coming! Looking forward to seeing what you can do with my teebird when I get back from Vegas. Assuming that I don't lose it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts