• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My last Christmas commission job. Champ Glow Mako.

20121219_233316.jpg

Beautiful work, if thats not a plotter with a hand that steady and smooth you should be a surgeon.:thmbup: regardless of the methods, good sh*t.

I've done this design before, but when I found this Flick, I knew I had to do it again. With the severely raised stamp that was on it, I'm surprised I didn't get some bleeding *pats self on back*.
P1030228_zps5c3800b0.jpg

Beautiful work, if thats not a plotter with a hand that steady and smooth you should be a surgeon.:thmbup: regardless of the methods, good sh*t.

Yeah, it's a plotter. Turned an old t-shirt into the stencil. It would have been cleaner if I had made it from scratch but I was in a time crunch, vector seemed to be the best solution.

I have done a dye like this before, but someone ordered one off of me, so here it is again, but on a different disc.

Attachments

• New Image.JPG
    New Image.JPG
    90 KB · Views: 40
I have done a dye like this before, but someone ordered one off of me, so here it is again, but on a different disc.

That's cool, I like that stencil. I have a couple of faith discs I want to do after my current air brushing projects. Problem is, I ran out of vinyl and my wife says I have to wait until after Christmas to order more. Guess I know one present I'm getting!

532460_376838842408929_1226202723_n.jpg

Wish the Discraft ghost wasn't so bad but overall happy with my disc. Ivysaur could have been a little lighter too.

I agree, somebody's got the bug :D

Birds I'm lovin' the Lebowski dye, way to take a different approach!

I finally got to get a couple done, the christmas season has been a nightmare at work! I thought the stamp on this Buzzz was so thick it wouldn't need protected, oops...

discraftbuzzzsDSC_2753.jpg

Pacanova I really liked the background on that last disc so I stole it :D
A Rancho Roc

InnovaRochypnotoadsDSC_2746.jpg

Imitation is still the best form of flattery right?

I also saved that image as soon as I saw it. It's a handcutters dream. ;)

Dan, I really like how you combined your spinning brush technique to your shaving cream. what was your masking order on that 1? Spin, mask, center marble, remask , outter marble?

Dan, I really like how you combined your spinning brush technique to your shaving cream. what was your masking order on that 1? Spin, mask, center marble, remask , outter marble?

Is that spinning brush or cut and dipped?

That would be correct. Masked the whole disc, used my circle cutter (that I'm not selling;)) to unmask the center, marbled (dyed the other disc), remasked, cut the outside, marbled again (played a round of golf), and it's done. Pretty tough day, I'm exhausted :)

Last edited:
Hold crap! Dan used one of mine. Well, two kind of. Looks like a chilled out version of my hypnotoad from a while back. Everyone on here is more than welcome to use my stuff for their own discs as they please.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts