• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting DANGEROUSLY close to missing a day!

Here's one from last year, called it Vertigo:

7517751226_10ed617773_c.jpg

bennett i have that same design printed out waiting to go on a disc but i have to hand cut my designs so it still sits lol.

My latest commission dye on a sparkle Squall. The sparkles don't show up in the pic, so it looks even better in person.
P1030313_zps8cb2f0f8.jpg

That's awesome Koogs, how did you do the gradient from red to yellow?

I dyed the whole swirly part yellow, then "hand-dipped" it in red, giving the center more time in the dye and the very outside edge no time in the dye. By hand-dipped I mean I made handles out of the excess vinyl and held on to them and dipped it in the dye that way.

So let me be the first to say... I Love This Thread. Already a bunch of great dyes... thanks to all who contribute!

This one's simple but the concept is deep, dancing Shiva on my blizzard destroyer.

shivadestroyersDSC_0329.jpg

SHIVAKAMINI SOMAKAMDAKRUM!!!!

This is probably a really dumb question, but: Do you guys paint these over a stencil? All the dying tips I've seen talk about bathing or submerging the disc in a dye. I feel like with something like a paintbrush, you can be much more precise and actually play with a lot of colors.

Some people do paint on colors, which can create cool effects, but in my opinion, dip dyeing is much easier and seems to be the preferred technique.

just finished dyeing the full MVP line up for my sons bday. Now the question is will i actually give up all these sweet discs?

Attachments

• 20130322_210917.jpg
    20130322_210917.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 164
Status
Not open for further replies.